Italian translation of Rodent

Developers
2014-03-05
2014-04-26
  • Antonio Trande
    Antonio Trande
    2014-03-05

    I don't know if someone is already interested on translating Rodent, I've seen its "it" .po files incomplete and I can finish their translation shortly.

     
  • Prior to version 5.2.3 there were po files for librfm and rodent. Now the rodent po file has been split into a separate po files for each application in the apps directory. This makes for smaller po files. Corrections and enrichments for any of the po files are certainly welcome.

     
  • Antonio Trande
    Antonio Trande
    2014-03-24

    Translation is nearly complete.
    I'll give you the files in this weekend.

     
    • If you want I can give you write access to the git repository so you
      can upload whenever modified.

      regards,

      2014-03-24 14:30 GMT-06:00 Antonio Trande sagitter@users.sf.net:

      Translation is nearly complete.
      I'll give you the files in this weekend.


      Italian translation of Rodent


      Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in
      https://sourceforge.net/p/xffm/discussion/241334/

      To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit
      https://sourceforge.net/auth/subscriptions/

      --

      Dr. Edscott Wilson Garcia
      Reservoir Engineering
      Mexican Petroleum Institute

       
      • Antonio Trande
        Antonio Trande
        2014-04-08

        Yes. Thank you.

        PS.
        Sorry for delay.

         
  • OK. All set.

     
    • Antonio Trande
      Antonio Trande
      2014-04-09

      Are my access rights (username and password) those of Sourceforge?

       
  • Yes. If everything is configured right (which I think is) you do a rw checkout of the git repository, commit your changes and push back.

     
    • Antonio Trande
      Antonio Trande
      2014-04-09

      Okay.

      I'll push back local repository by following these instructions.
      Please, tell me if it's fine for you.

       
  • Fine with me.

     
  • Antonio Trande
    Antonio Trande
    2014-04-09

    Insufficient permissions :)

    $ git push
    Password:
    Counting objects: 47, done.
    Delta compression using up to 2 threads.
    Compressing objects: 100% (18/18), done.
    Writing objects: 100% (18/18), 4.33 KiB | 0 bytes/s, done.
    Total 18 (delta 16), reused 0 (delta 0)
    error: insufficient permission for adding an object to repository database ./objects

    fatal: failed to write object
    error: unpack failed: unpack-objects abnormal exit
    To ssh://sagitter@git.code.sf.net/p/xffm/rodent
    ! [remote rejected] master -> master (n/a (unpacker error))
    error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://sagitter@git.code.sf.net/p/xffm/rodent'

     
  • I think the problem was that I added you to the wrong group (members) instead of "developers". Try again.

     
  • Antonio Trande
    Antonio Trande
    2014-04-09

    Done.
    Thank you.

     
  • I'm seeing:

    edscott@linux-ov0v:/home/GIT/rodent/apps/fgr/po> make
    file=echo it | sed 's,.*/,,'.gmo \ && rm -f $file && /usr/bin/msgfmt -o $file it.po
    it.po:52:35: invalid multibyte sequence
    it.po:52:36: invalid multibyte sequence
    it.po:99:9: invalid multibyte sequence
    it.po:103:9: invalid multibyte sequence
    /usr/bin/msgfmt: found 4 fatal errors
    make: *** [it.gmo] Error 1

    so I've replaced è for e and à for a in the mentioned lines. I don't know if this is correct or why these characters are causing problems.

     
  • Antonio Trande
    Antonio Trande
    2014-04-26

    1-

    e maggiore o uguale a

    It's grammatically uncorrect in Italian; if è returns problems, don't use e rather not adding anything. So

    "is greater than or equal to" is translated "maggiore o uguale a"

    2-

    -msgstr "Output di debug in modalitраesplicita."

    Ops! It's my typing mistake.

    If à returns problems, then this line can be changed with

    -msgstr "Output esplicito di debug."

     
  • Ok. Po files now corrected. I don't know why è and à are returning errors (they shouldn't) unless the encoding is not utf8