An updated version of xFarDic 0.11 series is available now. This version fixes settings window issues raising after compiling the package against wxGTK 2.8, fixed Aspell issues with two part words and makes some corrections to Makefiles to avoid linking to unnecessary libraries. Have Fun!
An updated version of xFarDic Multilingual Dictionary is available for immediate download. This bug fix release fixes an old bug related to Process-Word internal function.
An updated version of xFarDic multilingual dictionary is available now. Highlights from the change log:
- Fixed a bug causing unusual CPU usage in the watcher function.
- Fixed a bug causing loosing the recent leitner box changes on application crashes or so.
- Fixed an old bug preventing translation of words containing space from the leitner box.
- Make the scanner system to use a variable located in memory rather than in the config file.
- Several code clean-ups and minor improvements.... read more
An updated bug fix release of xFarDic multilingual dictionary is available now. Highlights from ChangeLog:
- Applied new tray icon to all windows.
- Fixed a problem that let adding duplicate words to the leitner box.
- Improved initial and interval leitner box contents loading system.
- Several code clean-ups.
- Updated NEWS file.
An updated version of xFarDic multilingual dictionary is available now. From the change log:
- Fixed database automatic detection system to activate detected databases.
- Fixed tray icon transparency display problem.
Use new tray icon for the main window too.
- Several code clean-ups.
An updated version of xFarDic multilingual dictionary is available right now. This version makes the American accent working with the recent versions of espeak while remains compatible with older versions, fixes a bug preventing database order to take effect and updates configure scripts to correctly create Makefiles while building with libspeak is disabled. To get the source code tarball, cleck here. To get Debian and Ubuntu packages visit here.... read more
A brand new version of xFarDic multilingual dictionary is available now. This version makes huge improvements to the preferences window. Changelog:
- Use en-rhotic as American accent, suggested by Jonathan Duddington.
- New and better structure in the preferences window.
- Fixed two glitches related to new scanner/speak relationship.
- First show notification then speak.
- Improved configure and build scripts.
- Improved the leitner box data load method.
- Improved the swap file creation speed.
- Scroll up the output box after translation.
- Added Speech settings like pitch, volume, speed and pitch range.
- Updated NEWS file.... read more
An updated version of xFarDic Multilingual dictionary engine is available. This version fixes two minor issues within the preferences window:
- Fixed a bug related to selection scanner event handler.
- Fixed activation status of accent selector when TTS engine is enabled/disabled.
An updated version of xFarDic multilingual dictionary is available now. Notable changes:
- Fixed a bug related to killing TTS engine on the leitner box.
- Fixed too small size of language selector in the settings window.
- Added an option to change TTS accent (American/British).
- Added a close confirmation after creating the swap file.
- Save window size too.
An updated version of xFarDic Multilingual dictionary is available now. This version mainly fixes reported issues with 0.10.0/0.10.0.1 versions and also adds few improvements. Here is the change log:
- Fixed a crasher bug if tts menu item is enabled while TTS engine is disabled.
- Fixed a crasher bug on the leitner box window if TTS engine is disabled.
- Fixed a wrong string in the settings window.
- Fixed a bug in main window position restoration.
- Fixed an acceleator conflict in the settings window.
- Fixed missing event handler for confirm button on the leitner box.
- Fixed bad about window formation on fa_IR translation.
- Implemented --with-speaklib to enable/disable TTS engine support.
- Improved elements arrangement in the settings window.
- Improved the leitner box user interface.
- Ask for a confirmation before deleting the selected word from box E.
- Added an option to enable/disable notification window.
- Save maximized window state.
- Minor code-cleanups.... read more
An updated version of xFarDic 0.10 series containing a crasher fix is available now. This fixes a crash that happens when swap is enabled.
After several months of development and testing, I'm proud to announce that a brand new version of xFarDic is available now! Here is the change log:
- Implemented dynamic sizers, Thanks Saeed Taghavi.
- Implemented TTS engine based on Espeak, Thanks Saeed Taghavi.
- Implemented database sorting buttons.
- Several minor fixes and code clean-ups.
- Added `Add to the leitner box` and `Pronounce` menu items and accelators.
- Added pronounce buttons to the leitner box window.
- Improved leitner box implementation.
- Improved and simplified user interface.
- Fixed a crasher bug on back/forward actions.
- Fixed a bug related to focusing/unfocusing windows.
- Fixed a bug in UpdateDBPaths function of settings window.
- Do not update swap while swap is disabled.
- More limited display on notification window.... read more
An updated version of xFarDic multilingual dictionary is available now. Main changes since the previous version are:
- Fixed crash on UpdateSwap().
- Several code clean-ups.
A brand new version of xFarDic Multilingual dictionary is available now. This version has lots of improvements and new features. Notable changes are:
- Added 'Leitner Box' feature to help memorizing words.
- Added 'swap file' support to decrease memory usage (55-60%)
- Added simple command line interface.
- Replaced clear history's menu/toolbar trash icons with clear icons.
- Added parenthesis support to the ProcessWord function.
- Fixed enabled navigator buttons on reverse search mode.
- Few minor bug fixes and clean-ups.
xFarDic 0.8.4 released. This is a small feature update and bug fix release that adds 'ment' and 'er' support to the ProcessWord function and also adds separate option to enable/disable word
selection scanning system. Also there was some fixes on the Make files to install svg logo at the proper location and to check xdbs existence before parsing and to remove missing xdbs automatically.
xFarDic 0.8.3 released. This is a bug fix release to solve lost focus bug on input box and translate button. Also there are some updates on about and settings window and an improved logo. Also applied 16x16 icons on menus and pop-up window.
An updated version of xFarDic multilingual dictionary is available now! In this version:
- Improved the ProcessWord() function and fixed a bug.
- Some improvements on the selection scanning/translation system.
- Some improvements on main window GUI (Thanks to Siavash Safi)
- New settings window structure.
- Some updates on about window.
- Fixed unwanted 'deleted state lock' message.
An updated version of xFarDic multilingual dictionary is available now. What's new?
- Added ProcessWord() to extract original form of words from plural, past, progressive, etc and to remove additional characters from beginning and end of words.
- New about window structure.
- Updated documentation.
- Fixed few small bugs.
- Few fixes on Makefiles
After few months development, a brand new version of xFarDic multilingual dictionary engine with exciting new features is available now. Some of new features are: New word selection scanning system, xdb autoload from user's home and /usr/share/local/xfardic-xdb or /usr/share/xfardic-xdb/, New logo and splash screen, Many many improvements in make system and so. Enjoy!
An updated version xFarDic Multilingual dictionary engine released. In this version:
-Smart spell checker suggestion list.
-Improved AutoTrans function.
-Replaced Exit with Quit.
-Fixed locale init bug.
-Fixed a translation bug.
-Fixed few bugs in clipboard translation function.
An updated and bug fix version of xFarDic 0.7.x series is available now. In this Version:
-Fixed crash problem due to a bug in splash screen.
-Fixed and updated Source code documentation.
A Bug fix version of xFarDic Multilingual dictionary released. In this Version:
- Fixed view toolbar toggle button bug.
- Small corrections in main window static boxes.
An updated version of xFarDic Multilingual Dictionary released. In this version:
-Added translation of a word from all installed XDBs.
-Added Cancel button in settings window.
-Setting window re-arranged.
-Added splash screen during XDB loading.
-Fixed a fa_IR locale translation problem.
-Modified About window notice message.
-Fixed same XDB adding bug.
An updated version of xFarDic Multilingual dictionary is available now. in this version:
-Fixd a small bug in Multiple DB support system.
-Added GNU/Linux Free (As in Freedom!) Dictionary.
-Added First/Last Word Navigation.
-Clipboard Watcher will activate if found word.
A new version of xFarDic Multilingual Dictionary Engine is available now. In this version:
-Significant improvements in memory management.
-Significant performance improvement.
-Multi XML DB support added.
-Inexact Reverse Searching added.
-Several old bugs fixed.
-Return all similar words function added.
-First version compiled with wxGTK 2.6.2.
-Small fix in source code installation script.