For more detailed installation instructions, refer to the Xena wiki at: https://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/xena/index.php?title=Main_Page
FROM THE COMMAND CONSOLE
1. Go to the directory of this README file (this is the xena directory under the directory where you cloned the Xena git repository or where you extracted the Xena source build archive):
cd <path to the xena-source directory>
2. Change directory to xena:
- This directory should include: directory named 'src' and 'build.xml' file
3. Enter the ant command:
- Ant will run the default build command contained within the 'build.xml' file. This will compile the source code and build the 'xena.jar' file.
When the process has finished successfully, you should see 'BUILD SUCCESSFUL' displayed in the command window. The 'xena.jar' file is in the 'xena/xena/dist' directory.
4. Build the plugins:
- When the process has successfully finished, you should see 'BUILD SUCCESSFUL' displayed within the command window.
The JAR files for each of the Xena plug-in are in the 'xena/xena/dist/plugins' directory.
You can now start Xena... :-D
5. Go to the dist directory
- The dist directory holds the distribution output (i.e. the end results of what was just built using ant)
6. Run Xena or Xena Viewer
use the xena.bat or xena.sh file to run Xena.
use the viewer.bat or viewer.sh file to run Xena Viewer.