* Please read this entire message; installation instructions have changed!
XDrawChem 1.7.5 is now available at:
The following changes were made:
- OpenBabel is no longer included with XDrawChem. Instead, you will need
to install OpenBabel 1.100.1 (only this version will work at present) from
- configure has been updated with the new autoconf/automake, resulting in
optimized binaries. The configure is also simplified now that OpenBabel
- A "Did you know?" dialog has been added. There are many features in
XDrawChem which I forgot about, and are not properly documented. This
feature can be disabled, of course.
- EPS output is much cleaner. Text and fonts should appear correctly now.
- A few signal/slot problems were fixed, so all menu and dialog options
should work now.
Also, if you are going to the ACS National Meeting in New York City, I
will be presenting a poster in the Biological Chemistry section.
School of Chemistry and Biochemistry
Georgia Institute of Technology
Atlanta, Georgia 30332-0400