Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Scroll tab-complete broken in Snow Leopard

2009-09-05
2013-04-22
  • Scroll tab-complete is broken in Snow Leopard.  When multiple nicks match after hitting Tab, the cursor does not advance to the end of the nick/word/channel like it is supposed to as you begin typing.  "Regular" tab complete (which I despise as it spams your display window with extraneous info) works as it always has.  Any feedback is great.  Thanks!

• Greg Black
      Greg Black
      2009-09-10

I'm seeing this too and it's a real pain. Are there any plans to fix it?

• S X
        S X
        2009-09-10

just to confirm, Ive noticed that bug on SL as well.

• Thanks, but on those downloads pages the latest date I see is 2010-06-14 (X-Chat_Aqua-0.17.0-rc1-219-g81cc422.dmg) and the bug still exists in this version.  Maybe I misunderstood you.  Could you clarify?  Thanks very much!

• true regarding the release date, false about the issue. the issue was known as #3 at http://github.com/tycho/xchat-aqua/issues and has been fixed by xover on 11.06.2010.

anyway .. the current implementation is a workaround for apple bug #8055754 which _might_ not work perfectly.

• paliometoxo
    paliometoxo
    2010-10-01

so i dont understand, in simple terms how do you fix it so that pressing tab lots of times will work again?:)