Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Removing the "bar" on the left...

Ezrem
2007-05-06
2013-04-22
  • Ezrem
    Ezrem
    2007-05-06

Is there any way to get rid of the dedicated space for timestamp/nicknames to display?

I would rather have this mIRC style.  I can't drag it all the way to the left, it stops four spaces from the edge.  I can't seem to find any setting to disable it.

• Steve Green
      Steve Green
      2007-05-06

It's called "show separator"

• Ezrem
      Ezrem
      2007-05-10

So it is.

Thanks!

• paliometoxo
    paliometoxo
    2010-10-01

sweet, thanks i wondering about that also, sorry for asking in here but i did not see the need to open a new topic when it is kind of this one, but when you remove the line how can i add something in front and behind the nicks? like <nickhere> or |nickhere|

tia

• Yes, look at the Event Texts in Preference Lists.  Look at the Channel Message and the Your Message Strings, and remove the %H around the < > characters.  This will cause the < > characters to be revealed when a message is formatted in the channel.  To do |nickhere| for example, just replace < > with | |.  Event texts are where you can really customize how xchat looks.

• paliometoxo
    paliometoxo
    2010-10-01

thanks a lot canwebowlplease, yes i have noticed you can do a lot if you know what to customise and edit in there, ive done a few like to add prefix next to name while chatting …etc will be nice to learn some more things, i was always using colloquy until i realised x-chat aqua is so much better lol ty again