Random quit message support?

Biiaru
2006-08-27
2013-04-22
  • Biiaru
    Biiaru
    2006-08-27

Does X-Chat Aqua have support for random quit messages saved in a text file like the regular XChat does? I can't figure out where to put the file so it works...

• Steve Green
      Steve Green
      2006-08-27

I didn't know xchat even had that feature.  I looked at the source code, and sure enough.  All you have to do is replace the quit reason preference with a filename.  Put the the file in the Plugins folder, and it should work.  I haven't tested it, but that's how the code reads.

• Biiaru
        Biiaru
        2006-08-27

Nope. That doesn't work, that's one of the places I've tried, assuming you mean the Plugins folder underneath the X-Chat Aqua folder in Applications. I don't know if there's one anywhere else you would be talking about >_>

• Steve Green
          Steve Green
          2006-08-27

Ok.. try ~/.xchat2.  Depend on the version you're running, that might be a symlink to Library/Application Support/X-Chat Aqua.  I am going to try it too :)

• Biiaru
      Biiaru
      2006-08-27

Ooh wait! I just figured it out! You have to put it in /Users/<your username>/Library/Application Support/X-Chat Aqua/. Also, it can't be a symbolic link. >_>;