Project alive?

Brad Laue
2007-09-10
2013-04-22
  • Brad Laue
    Brad Laue
    2007-09-10

Hi all,

Just wondering if this project is still being maintained?

Cheers for the great app!

Brad

• Steve Green
      Steve Green
      2007-09-10

Although I'd like to get back to xchat, it doesn't look promising at this point.  Currently looking for someone to take over the project.

• libc
        libc
        2007-09-19

Can you setup SVN for it, and give me write access :)

I want to fix something (I sended you patches about russian hotwords, and size in user list, which not commited right now), but don't want to loose my code :)

• Rainer Müller
          Rainer Müller
          2008-02-13

Good work what you have done in svn so far. But is it currently possible to build it with plugins? I would really like to have support for Python/Perl/Tcl.

• BC-Girl
      BC-Girl
      2007-11-19

Looks like the project is dead. CVS obtained files will not compile, missing files and other random crap. If this is dead, we need a new maintainer. I volunteer.

• Xjs
        Xjs
        2007-11-20

I would like to help a bit, but I've got to do very much till February or March. But then I am pleased to participate.

• Xjs
      Xjs
      2007-12-22

I have changed my mind, I'm volunteering immediately.

• idrainu
      idrainu
      2008-01-17

"01-Jul-2007  Released a new version for Linux/Unix today: 2.8.4"

would be nice to get a 2.8.4 core update... wonder if anyone will ever pick up the project, or if it has already met it's maker...

• Xjs
      Xjs
      2008-01-17

I recently tried to check out from SVN, but I get very weird compiler errors, the Growl seems to be missing though it is in the trunk as well as in /Library/Frameworks.

Anyone experienced this problem and got a solution?

Additionally, I wanted to edit the ChanList.nib because the channel list doesn't scroll, but it depends on the "SGPalette", which I don't have. Would anyone please tell me where to find it?

Thanks in advance,
      Xjs.

• hi,

the growl.framework is packed within svn.

cd xchataqua/trunk/X-Chat Aqua/fe-aqua
      tar xvf Growl.framework.tar

and try again to compile. worked for me.

regards,
      chris

• Xjs
        Xjs
        2008-01-18

Thanks. The Growl.framework directory did exist, but it seems it was empty.

Still the problem with the SGPalette.

• Steve Green
        Steve Green
        2008-01-18

So for whatever it's worth, there is at least 1 person actively working on this project still but he can't commit to taking over the project fully.  If you're interested in taking over the lead here please let me know.  The usual caveats apply.

• Terje Bless
          Terje Bless
          2008-02-28

If the project is short a primary maintainer (and possibly additional coders etc.), why not post a notice to that effect (“Help Wanted!”) on the front page <http://xchataqua.sf.net/>? Possibly also on the xchat.org forums/lists.

• LT-P
      LT-P
      2008-02-21

Sorry, I am not able to contribute to the code, but I would be very happy to do some testing on Leopard.

• Frank Gadot
      Frank Gadot
      2008-03-18

Hi,

I used to write software 10 years ago (ASM, Pascal, C, C++).
      I want to get back into it has a hobby. I am new to OS X , and never did Objective C, but I would like to contribute to X-Chat Aqua.

Let's work on it !

• Simon Templar
      Simon Templar
      2008-03-18

hi !

I'd like to contribute to the code too.

• Simon Templar
      Simon Templar
      2008-03-22

Ok. Anyone would like to start from scratch ?
      Please contact me.

• gooferix
      gooferix
      2008-03-22

hi!
      i think, that the best way to communicate with each other, is to join an irc channel. i opened one on irc.freenode.net #xchat-aqua.
      so, i'll hope to see you all there!

• Xjs
        Xjs
        2008-03-24

Well, I'm in ;-)

• well .. i'm in as well, but still not able to contribute code due to no development-experiences.

but testing would be fine for me ;)

• Tiago
      Tiago
      2008-08-03

So, is the project still alive?
      Are you updating the source to the latest X-Chat source?

What's the current status?

• Steve Green
        Steve Green
        2008-08-03

The current status is that we have one developer doing minor changes but nobody managing the project.  I am currently looking for someone to take over.