Help
jgjp
2012-03-10
2013-05-02
  • jgjp
    jgjp
    2012-03-10

Hi,

I'm a newbie to XBRLAPI. I see examples in the source distribution to load documents into the embedded Berkeley DB Store. I was wondering if there is any sample code to do the same into the in-memory DOM Store,
    is retrieve XBRL documents from either a URL or a local folder, and then load it into the in-memory DOM Store.
    In my application, I will only be looking at one XBRL filing at a time, so there is no risk of running out of memory (I think!).
    I would appreciate any help I can get in this.

Thanks a lot!
    -jgjp

• Whether you need persistent storage will depend on the size of the taxonomy supporting the instance.  Using the in-memory DOM also limits the extent to which indexing can be used to enhance query performance for the data store.  It was really only added to the API to facilitate unit testing.

All that said, if you want to try using the in memory data store, just instantiate it rather than one of  the persistent data store implementations of the org.xbrlapi.data.Store interface.  That should be the only change you need to make to the  Load example.

Regards

Geoff Shuetrim