Darn I hope someone still uses this script. I can't get mythtv 0.22 to work natively or though this script. Please someone update it I'm too useless.
The standard myth:// source in XBMC should work with a Myth 0.22 backend if you are using a SVN version. I don't believe this script is being actively updated. For more information see http://xbmc.org/wiki/?title=MythTV
that hasn't made its way into the xbox branch yet, besides this script still has more functionality than the myth:// source
If you can't get either to work I expect you have some other problem. While they have not been packaging new releases, someone has been updating the scripts each time there is an upgrade to mythtv. You need to download the updated scripts from the CVS. If you haven't already done it, I suggest you turn on debug mode and check the log. I expect that we point out the problem.
acording to http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbmcmythtv/develop the cvs hasn't been updated since 2008-05-18
see also - http://xbmc.org/trac/ticket/7378
seems the native myth:// will be updated to fix the xbox branch soon
I guess you are right. Mythbuntu is still running .21. I don't plan to upgrade beyond that until there is a solution for the xbox. I am about to unload my xboxen in favor of native myth on an appletv. The only downside so far is the loss of the built-in DVD. But it is a lot quieter, takes up less space and gets me out of the compatibility situation.
You can try myth2xbmc here: http://code.google.com/p/myth2xbmc/downloads/list
It is based on xbmcmythtv but I made some updates/changes. I still have .21 running on my myth backend but I think I have the right protocol changes there for .22 to work.
No joy for me. It connects to the server. It won't start live TV. When I go to recorded programs, it shows 1 of 12 shows and that one plays very choppy. I will turn on debug mode and collect some logs and post back.
Theres is a new version of myth2xbmc at http://code.google.com/p/myth2xbmc/downloads/list that supports mythtv .22 protocol 50. Note it may have a few bugs yet but seems to work ok for me in the little testing I have done so far.
Very nice. I have it running with a myth 0.21 backend on Ubuntu 9.04 and its working nicely. TV guide, Schedules, Pending, Recorded TV, and Pending all working.
I have this working with a 0.22 system. I needed to use the oldpassword trick.
All of the strings were showing Undefined in the interface. I'm using the rc1 of the latest xbmc on OSX with the confluence skin and with plugins running from ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/ etcetcetc. I tried forcing the path to the strings.xml but it didn't work. No logging is performed in the loadStrings method.
At one point I tried to get exceptions printed in the getString method but it filled my xbmc.log with messages about missing getElementsByTagName. Not what I should have been capturing I would think considering the try was surrounding retStr = self.strings, so I don't know what that means.
I ended up putting the strings.xml in the mythutil.py as a statically defined associative array.
This should be done in a better way so that the UI never shows Undefined even if it fails loading localization - it just shows english. Maybe define self.undefinedStrings and populate it with the fallback content. Alternatively use meaningful id's (e.g. 'refresh.settings') instead of numbers so getString will return the id instead of undefined and the ui is still 'usable'.
Excited it works however! Now I'm just getting skipping while playing back content. I haven't had a chance to look for the fix for that yet.
Not sure if this is your strings problem but myth2xbmc is a script (not a plugin) and needs to be in the scripts directory.
If you are running OSX, you can also try MythBox (google it). I hear MythBox is nice but I haven't tried it. I updated and released myth2xbmc because MythBox doesn't work with XBoxes and I have 3 xboxes.