Default.PY hangs

2006-10-27
2013-04-08
  • Steve Sebele
    Steve Sebele
    2006-10-27

I have had my xbox modded for a while now, spent my time on various dashboards and finally settled on XBMC (obvious reasons)

Yesturday i installed MythTV on an AMD 3200+ with 2 TV Tuners.

I had always known there was a way to run MythTV front end on Xbox which is what i am trying to do now. I have downloaded the XBMCMythTV, added the contents to /scripts however when i go to run Default.py from XBMC it just seems to sit there, saying "XBMCMythTV v0.20.31" now i thought maby because it just takes a while so i let it sit. eventually the screen saver on my xbox comes on (20min) so i think something definatly isn't right here. One thing i have noticed is that in my python folder it is saying python23.zlib and on the net i see python24.zlib. Is it possible my XBMC is out of date? i havent updated it in about 6 months. Theother part of it is, im new to running scripts on the xbox, is there a step i am missing? Even if i press cancel while it is trying to open XBMCMythTV is just says "XBMCMythTV v0.20.31 canceling...." and sits there for as long as i let it.

Any help would be great!

Thanks,
    Steve Sebele