Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Some minor issues

Help
2008-08-20
2013-04-25
  • M Silent One
    M Silent One
    2008-08-20

V 0.21
    Fedora 8
    Perl 5.8.8

When my window title contains Cyrillic text, the GetWindowName function returns junk (actually the last word in title)
    I can get the title by using X11::Protocol , $x->GetProperty($window, 39, 'AnyPropertyType', 0, 1024, 0 );

I am unclear why GetWindowName doesn't return the full name.

It would be very nice if you could initialize X11::GUITest with a display environment variable instead of it's init happending va $ENV{'DISPLAY'} in a BEGIN/INIT block, and to have multiple X11::GUITest objects open to different displays.

It would be very nice if:

XTestCompareCursorWithWindow performs a comparison of the cursor whose ID is specified by cursor (which may be None) with the cursor of the window specified by
           window returning True if they are the same and False otherwise. If the extension is not supported, then the request is ignored and zero is returned.

XTestCompareCurrentCursorWithWindow performs a comparison of the current cursor with the cursor of the specified window returning True if they are the same and
           False otherwise. If the extension is not supported, then the request is ignored and zero is returned.

were also implemented.

Finally, I use this in threaded Perl, and sometimes one thread will close the display, and I have no clear way of checking and re-opening the display without forcibly calling X11::GUITest::DeInitDisplay(); X11::GUITest::InitDisplay()

If I had developer access I would happily patch some of these requests in.

Thanks for a great too.