Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Can't run the samples

Help
2008-07-15
2013-05-02
  • Morten MacFly
    Morten MacFly
    2008-07-15

I am having a problem with running the samples. I am using the MinGW GCC 3.4.5 compiler on Windows. Everything compiles fine, but when I want to run any of the samples I receive the error:

---------------------------
    sample1.exe - Error in application
    The application could not be initialised properly (0xc0000005). Click "OK", to terminate the application.
    OK  

Also during compilation (although my linker command seems to be correct), I get tons of errors like:

Info: resolving wxAppConsole::ms_appInstance        by linking to __imp___ZN12wxAppConsole14ms_appInstanceE (auto-import)
    Info: resolving wxFrame::sm_eventTable       by linking to __imp___ZN7wxFrame13sm_eventTableE (auto-import)

I know that I can disable these errors by a linker switch, but I wonder if I am missing something obvious... Here are the compilation commands for the library itself and sample1:

mingw32-g++.exe -Wall -D__WXMSW__ -DwxUSE_UNICODE  -W -g    -IC:\Devel\wxWidgets\include -IC:\Devel\wxWidgets\lib\gcc_dll\mswu -IC:\Devel\wxWidgets\contrib\include -IC:\Devel\GCC345\include  -c D:\wxMathPlot\mathplot.cpp -o .objs\mathplot.o
    ar.exe -r -s lib\libmathplot.a .objs\mathplot.o

mingw32-g++.exe -Wall -D__WXMSW__ -DwxUSE_UNICODE  -W -g    -IC:\Devel\wxWidgets\include -IC:\Devel\wxWidgets\lib\gcc_dll\mswu -IC:\Devel\wxWidgets\contrib\include -IC:\Devel\GCC345\include  -c D:\wxMathPlot\samples\sample1\mp1.cpp -o .objs\mp1.o
    mingw32-g++.exe -LC:\Devel\wxWidgets\lib\gcc_dll -L..\..\lib -LC:\Devel\GCC345\lib  -o sample1.exe .objs\mp1.o    -lmathplot -lwxmsw28u  -mwindows

• cdron77
      cdron77
      2008-12-05

Try the new 0.1.0 release. This is deeply improved, and you should manage linking flags through CMake ( http://www.cmake.org ).