Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Scroll bars very broken

Help
2009-06-03
2013-05-02
  • Nigel Paton
    Nigel Paton
    2009-06-03

Hi,

Looks like scroll bar handling is very broken. I notice it has been deliberately disabled.

Trying to resurrect with not much luck so far. I'm beginning to think that the way scrolling is handled with the mouse conflicts with the wxScrolledWindow way of scrolling so much that maybe wxScolledWindow shouldn't be the base class any more. Might be easier getting the scroll bars working again by just using wxWindow and it's scroll bars (or even adding explicit wxScrollBar's if that doesn't work).

Anybody had a look at this recenty?

Cheers

Nigel

• Nigel Paton
      Nigel Paton
      2009-06-04

Hi,

I've almost got them working by changing wxScrolledWindow to wxWindow with some other additions. I'll hopefully post info on a completed version next week.

Cheers

Nigel

• Nigel Paton
      Nigel Paton
      2009-06-09

• cdron77
      cdron77
      2009-06-09

Thank you vey much for your contribution. I'll try to test and integrate your patch (as far as all those I received, thanks everybody) as soon as possible, and to release a new version of wxMathPlot within a few weeks.

CD-RON77

• Dan K
      Dan K
      2009-07-23

Out of curiousity, why didn't you use ctime.h? It does a lot of the conversions from second into time for you

• cdron77
        cdron77
        2009-07-23

Well, the main reasons are two: first, I wanted to keep X data to be represented as floating point, while time_t and clock_t are integer representations. The second reason is that I wanted to allow representation of fractions of second (milliseconds, microseconds), for applications like data acquisition (using wxMathPlot like an oscilloscope view). This is also why I didn't choose to represent time in milliseconds: it's just a matter of multiplying/dividing your data by 1000.