The first version of GLUEscript is released. Please go to http://gluescript.sf.net for new releases of this project.
Curl can be used with OpenSSL
Expat uses version 2.0.1
SQLite version 3.6.3
Several new GUI classes,
Look in changes.txt for more info.
Changes for this release:
- Added in GUI module:
- wxjs is now build with Visual Studio 2008. You need to download
the correct runtime dll's.
xml configuration file).
- Solved the problem with loading modules in mod_wxjs
- Added wxAboutDialog
- libap_req is now integrated in mod_wxjs, No need to load it anymore
- WXJS_MODULES environment variable renamed to WXJS_STARTUP
Today version 0.9.73 is released, which contains the following changes:
- mod_wxjs works now with vhosts (Thanks Joris Vandesande)
- Each module must implement wxModule now for initialisation,
only wxJS_InitClass must be exported now.
- curl module introduced
- Escape % in wxjs.print
- Errors can be reported on a webpage in mod_wxjs: wxJS_ReportErrorOnPage
This release contains the following important changes:
- memcached module introduced. Use it for caching data between the execution of scripts.
- moving wxColour, wxColourDatabase, wxSize and wxRect to ext module
- GetFieldRect of wxStatusBar changed to return a wxRect
- Started to make it possible to initialize classes with a JSON object (wxPoint, wxSize for example)
- Add set, decBy, decTo, incBy, incTo and scale to wxSize
- Applied patches 1787384, 1787383, 1787382 and 1787380
- Solved bug 1787322
- mod_wxjs: HttpRequest --> adding properties: unparsedURI, URI, user, parsedURI, methodNumber
- Solved crash on destruction in wxFileDialog (because of new wxWidgets version)
- load method can be used to load modules dynamically when the script is run
- added escapeHTML, escapeQuotes and escapeShellCmd to mod_wxjs
- Call JS_GC instead of JS_MaybeGC to make sure all objects are gc'ed when a script ends
(this solves the problem with databases that are not closed after running a script)
- tpl: default path is the path of the currently executing script. For the old behaviour pass
script.root to the the engine
This release is a bug fix release (allthough it contains some other changes too)
-tpl: It's possible to set objects and use the properties of the object in a template.
-The wxJS console application can run in interactive mode and can use stdin to receive the script
-Moved wxPoint to ext module
-Solved an encoding problem (caused crashes in mod_wxjs and wxJS)
- include can now be passed an object where variables/functions are attached.
This release contains the following changes:
- Switched to wxWidgets 2.8.4
- Using wxWidgets in DLL's now instead of static libraries (remove your obj-directories when
- wxApp is moved to the console application
automatically when a toplevel window is visible. onInit and onExit is still available.
- Expat source is now embedded into the project. It's not necessary to build it on your own
- Expat module uses 'expat' namespace
- mod_wxjs: Added write method on HttpResponse
- wxHtmlLinkEvent was not initialized
- New event handling in GUI module. Now it is possible to remove
an event handler using 'delete'. Internally the event handler uses
Connect/Disconnect methods of wxWidgets.
- wxToolBarTool class added
- Removed getClientData/setClientData methods from wxToolBar. It's not
possible anymore to add a data-object to a tool (Add properties to
- Internally wxClientData is used to prevent wxWindow-classes to get gc'ed
- Every wxWindow class can be created with the 'create' method now
- wxMDIParentFrame, wxMDIChildFrame classes added
- Removed a lot of compiler warnings
- Solved bug 1730754 wxExecute(array, ...) crash (Thanks Philip Taylor)
- Solved bug 1730960 wxFileName.normalize uses incorrect argument (Thanks Philip Taylor)
- Solved bug 1732228 wxMemoryBuffer append leaks memory (Thanks Philip Taylor)
- Solved bug 1733808 Button::Construct typo (Thanks Philip Taylor)
- Added wxSpinCtrl (Thanks Philip Taylor)
- Added wxSpinButton
- Solved bug 1735835 GetHWND breaks Linux compilation
- Solved gcc compatibility problems (Thanks Tom)
- Moved argv to wxTheApp object
- 'wxjs' is a synonym for the global object
This release contains the following updates:
Introduced namespaces (like used in YUI)
+ tpl (Template module) uses namespace 'tpl'
+ Sqlite uses namespace 'sqlite'
MySQL module introduced
Renamed xml module into expat module
sqlite: removed open (use ctor now), close, finalize (automatically done)
db: removed close method (automatically done)
renamed property isOpened to opened
The firstline of the script can contain a shebang now (#!)
mod_wxjs: wxJS_PreScript and wxJS_PostScript directives added
This version is a bug fix release.
This release has some major changes: The wxjs project files are removed. The wxJS object is also removed and the print, include methods are now defined on the global object. wxJSScript is replaced by the include method.
wxJS now uses wxWidgets 2.8 and SpiderMonkey 1.6. Also some bugs in mod_wxjs are solved.
Due to a problem in loading the sqlite and xml modules, a new version of wxJS is released.
This release contains the following updates:
- io: solved a bug with wxSocket. wxSocket needs a wxApp now.
- All: An empty string resulted in undefined
- wxStandardPaths is used to find modules.xml
- Introduced new module: tpl, a template engine
- Solved bug 1620648: wxJSScript defines methods/variables on the global object
- Added include method on wxJS
- wxJS methods can be used directly (i.e. wxJS.print can be written as print)
Finally, wxJS starts to run on Linux. I'm still working on some details and there's still some testing to do ...
If you would like to try it out. Get the sourcecode from the subversion repository. Read the build.txt in src/wxjs and use premake to generate makefiles.
When you find bugs, please report them on the sourceforge project page. Use the forum to ask questions.
When you use the code from subversion you have to use Premake (which you can find at http://premake.sourceforge.net\) to generate the Visual Studio workspaces. Premake makes it easy to generate makefiles for different platforms.
This release is a bugfix release. It solves a bug in mod_wxjs, which had troubles loading the modules.xml file.
Today I've released wxJS 0.9.0. for Windows. Most important changes: wxJS uses UNICODE (UTF-16) internally, an SQLite module, dll hell solved on windows, ...
Now it's time to build a Linux - Ubuntu release ...
A great welcome to Jochen Peters as a new developer on the wxJS project. Jochen will be responsible for getting wxJS run on MAC OS.
I'm currently finalizing the 0.9.0 release for Windows. This release will contain the following:
1. A solution for the dependency hell with manifest files and dll's created by Microsoft.
2. A SQLite module
3. Internally wxJS will use Unicode (UTF-16).
4. Several bug fixes.... read more
The next version will support Linux. I'm currently trying to build wxJS on Ubuntu with Eclipse/CDT. I hope to release a working version in the near future ...
There are some problems with mod_wxjs in version 0.8.5 (SpiderMonkey and NSPR crashes). Until the next version of wxJS, I suggest that you use 0.8.4
The project website is redesigned. If you have any suggestions, please let me now.
The documentation in the download of version 0.8.5 contains no DOCTYPE in the HTML files. This means that it can't be viewed correctly in Internet Explorer. The on-line documentation is now ok. I recommend to read the documentation at the website.