From: Henk-Jan van Tuyl <hjgtuyl@ch...> - 2014-03-21 22:48:39
I am happy to announce a new version of wxHaskell. This version binds to
wxWidgets 2.9 .
What is it?
wxHaskell is a portable and native GUI library for Haskell. The goal of
the project is to provide an industrial strength GUI library for Haskell,
but without the burden of developing (and maintaining) one ourselves.
wxHaskell is therefore built on top of wxWidgets – a comprehensive C++
library that is portable across all major GUI platforms; including GTK,
Windows, X11, and MacOS X. Furthermore, it is a mature library (in
development since 1992) that supports a wide range of widgets with the
- Added functionality: wxGrid: cell spans, cell renderers (numeric, auto
- Reanimated wxToggleButton, added wxBitmapToggleButton
- Solved problem with spaces in pathnames (installation procedure,
- Increased max version of dependencies
- The external preprocessor (CPP) is now used
- The presence of the wx-config executable is checked at installation time
- The bitness of the wxWidgets dynamic libraries is compared to the
bitness of the wxHaskell libraries
to generate, at installation time; a warning is given when the bitness
- Documentation improvements
- Bugs fixed
See the homepage of wxHaskell for more information:
The packages are:
- wxc https://hackage.haskell.org/package/wxc
- wxdirect https://hackage.haskell.org/package/wxdirect
- wxcore https://hackage.haskell.org/package/wxcore
- wx https://hackage.haskell.org/package/wx
Henk-Jan van Tuyl
What if you could share your unused computer power to help find a cure? In
just 5 minutes you can join the world's biggest networked computer and get
us closer sooner. Watch the video.