Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Open Vista VivA Gold on Fedora2

2004-09-28
2013-04-15
  • Alberto Odor
    Alberto Odor
    2004-09-28

First of all, let me tell you that I have 20 years experience with Windows and 2 days experience with Linux as I just installed Fedora 2 in a new box.

What I need is to see the VistA System, specifically the EMR and Image parts of it.

I don't know if VivA is my best choice for doing this or no, but I need to be able to see it ASAP in order to have it as prospective system for our institution.

Please advice me as detailed as possible

Alberto Odor, MD
    Mexico City

• K.S. Bhaskar
      K.S. Bhaskar
      2004-09-28

Although you can install a VistA system in 20 minutes, you cannot configure it for use that fast - that will take a real implementation project.

Your best bet is to use the screencam videos of VistA that the VA has produced (write to me offline at k dot bhaskar at sanchez dot com if you don't have them) for demonstration purposes.  But recognize that to get from the barebones system to an operational system requires many person weeks of effort.

You may also want to post your comments and queries to hardhats-members@lists.sourceforge.net (you will have to join the list first).

Regards
      -- Bhaskar

• Redhuan D. Oon
      Redhuan D. Oon
      2004-11-01

Hi,
      We are getting a local hospital in Malaysia interested in this system. May we know where are the screencams movies located?
      Also to execute the project can we engaged your team resources remotely on a contractual basis? Just to get the nuts and bolts going. We intend to showcase a prototype in January next year. I know its a short period thats why we will try to play around and see how to spread out the scope of works for that hospital.

have a nice day.
      red1

• Molly Cheah
        Molly Cheah
        2004-11-02

Hi!,
        May I introduce myself who is from M'sia and closely associated with the group here. I was wondering if you will be able to provide more information on your requests so that I can help organize the appropriate team to work with you towards executing the project (as you put it). You're welcomed to e-mail me directly at drcheah@pc.jaring.my for further discussions. Discussions on the specifics of project implemention may not be suitable to be continued on this forum. I may also be able to assist with the demo, but from your post it appears that the hospital referred to have already made its decision to have VistA installed. Or are you looking to set up a "prototype" application on a demo computer/laptop? Look forward to hearing from you.

Molly

• John Silva
      John Silva
      2006-01-25

I just posted a feature request for creating a VMware version of the Vista like the ISO image.
      The advantage of this is that the VMware image can be pre-configured, runs on a virtual machine (removed machine dependencies), and runs with the FREE VMware player:

http://www.vmware.com/download/player/

[I'm in a similar situation as the original poster though I have plenty of experience with UN*X (HP-UX to be precise) but NO experience with MUMPS!]

JohnS