Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

#9 AjaxUpdateContainer encoding issue

open
nobody
None
5
2012-12-07
2007-07-12
Anonymous
No

AjaxUpdateContainer fails to recognize utf-8 encoding ... because it sets the content-type to "text/plain" ...

I've fixed this in my own code (which is bad) and would like you guys to do something so that I can get rid of my hack and still enjoy the benefits of Ajax.framework ...

In handleRequest() ... about line ~ 145 ...

    WOResponse response = AjaxUtils.createResponse\(request, context\);

// I added this line to get my umlauts back ...

response.setHeader("text/html; charset=utf-8", "content-type");
// end of my hack to get umlauts back

    AjaxUtils.setPageReplacementCacheKey\(context, id\);

Discussion