The Finnish (fi-fi) localization of WixUI translates WixUIRetry as "&Yritä uudelleen". This string does not fit in the buttons of various dialogs when the default text style of WixUI is used. The words of the string get wrapped to separate lines, and neither line is fully visible.
Reproduced in ErrorDlg and FilesInUseDlg of WiX 3.5.1030.0 on Windows XP. In those dialogs, the buttons have Width="56" and Height="17". WiX 3.6.1615.0 was not tested but has the same Finnish translations and button sizes. Other dialogs may have the same problem.
Possible solutions or workarounds:
- Change WixUI to make the buttons wider, regardless of culture.
- Change WixUI to translate WixUIRetry as a a shorter string: perhaps "&Yritä vielä" or "&Yritä taas". However, these may seem less formal. The other fi-fi translations that refer to the Retry button would also have to be updated.
- Override WixUIRetry and related strings in the product-specific translation file.
- Postprocess the generated MSI file to replace the strings.
- Postprocess the generated MSI file to make the buttons wider.
- Changing the text style might help too, but could look inconsistent and was not tested.