Help
esphera
2010-09-06
2013-04-24
  • esphera
    esphera
    2010-09-06

HI,

I'm a complete noob on LInux, so i need a little help please. I'm trying to install WIred 0.6 but i'm not getting it done right.
    Can't ./configure it says that file doesn't exists.

Help please!

Thanks

• Doomsday
    Doomsday
    2010-09-07

Hello,

You have to generate ./configure with launching ./autogen.sh.
    Read the README file.

Good luck and feedback your experience !

• esphera
    esphera
    2010-09-07

yes i've done that but nothing… :\

• esphera
    esphera
    2010-09-09

anyone please?

• fred
    fred
    2010-09-09

Am in trouble too with wired install.
    What Linux are you running ?

• esphera
    esphera
    2010-09-09

ubuntu 10.04

• fred
    fred
    2010-09-10

ok, here Debian, maybe we can find together something running on the 2 systems ?
    Where do you find the data to build ?

• esphera
    esphera
    2010-09-10

i'm pretty new to linux.. what are you talking about?

• fred
    fred
    2010-09-10

Hey hey, I means where did you download the file you try to ./configure ?

• esphera
    esphera
    2010-09-10

I guess it was here. sourceforge

• fred
    fred
    2010-09-11

ok, so you get wired_0.7.1_i386.deb ?

• esphera
    esphera
    2010-09-11

i got wired 0.6.tar.gz

• fred
    fred
    2010-09-11

ok, would you try with the 0.7 you can have here on source forge please ?

• esphera
    esphera
    2010-09-11

ok i managed to instal wired 0.7 here, and run it through console. (didn't find a shortcut? :x) but i guess theres still a lot of bugs.

• fred
    fred
    2010-09-12

well, could you copy/paste here the last lines of the ./waf build respond ?

• esphera
    esphera
    2010-09-12

hum… :\ ?

• fred
    fred
    2010-09-12

Yep !
    Are you sure you NEED to compile anything ?   ;o))

• esphera
    esphera
    2010-09-12

Well, i'm no moron, but I'm used to 10 years of Microfuckers OS. So this is a big change for me. To be honest, i'm not sure how i did installed that package. Because i've installed/uninstalled ubuntu several times… But I guess I used some package manager… BUt after install i ran Wired with loads of bugs…

• fred
    fred
    2010-09-13

I don't say nor think you are an idiot. Everything is complicated before it became simple… (remember your first times on winblow$)) It's a good thing to count you in Linux users. Don't misunderstand, but maybe you'll like to read the manual first ? What you type in your favorite G. will be something like "Linux 2010 build package from source", "Linux 2010 architecture" will be nice for knowing where things stands and run together, "Linux 2010 ./waf" or "Linux 2010 tar.gz" will tell you how to compile… 2010 is here to ensure you don't read something really old and disabled, you know it's moving fast in Nux's world ! About package manager, you'll surely appreciate Synaptic (apt-get install synaptic). Every command line you can have help about including "-help" after the command ie "apt-get -help". Sometimes "man apt-get" will tell more. Well, good luck and let me know. Oh, not to say it s****, but keep in mind that Ubuntu is an old African word to say "I don't know how to set my Debian" !! (and it seems you are trying to act like a Debian user, Ubuntu is more a "no command line" distro). Just my 2 cents, Peace.

• esphera
    esphera
    2010-09-13

Yo. I chose Ubuntu precisely because I'm going to work by my own  and need open source options. And since I don't have time to read the manuals (I'm reading 4 books at the time, extra nerdage) but I always manage to do things by my own. And I think Ubuntu is nice because probably Debian is too complicated for beginners. But getting to the point of the topic,  I also tried Ubuntu Studio, but I didn't managed to install all that software that interests me. So i guess I'm quiting on solving this problems for now, cause I can't spend much time in this matter, as I was an Ableton user (just for fun, nothing serious) so I guess I'll still looking for options while running Ableton on my home laptop. Sorry that I can't help you :s  

• fred
    fred
    2010-09-13

Just the difference between free mind and free beer. Sorry for you, cheers.
    PS : Yes! it takes 1 year to be able to Debianize your world, how long did you plan to live- how long did you you meant it : FREE ?

• esphera
    esphera
    2010-09-15

o.O?