New release of Winstone today (v0.6). Please download and try it out -
there's a bunch of new features, and it should be way more spec
compliant than previous versions.
for downloads (and if the
downloads fail, give the mirrors a couple of hours to catch up).
New features in v0.6:
- Updated to Servlet 2.4 specification compliance, although
I haven't yet run Sun's Test Compatibility Kit on it - I'm still
waiting for that. It works with all of the v2.4 webapps I've tried. The
only caveat is that you need Apache Xerces in the system classpath to
make it work (see docs).
- Updated to JSP 2.0 specification compliance. This is the
main cause for the blowout in size of the larger jar file, but it does
result in much simpler set up for Jasper (see docs).
- Added a command-line tool for accessing control port
options, such as shutdown and restart. Restart is new
to this version, and causes a shutdown and redeploy from scratch.
- Added a lib folder for auto-deployment of additional
jars. This defaults to "lib" under the current directory, with any jar
or zip files in this folder being added to the webapp classpath.
- Extensively tested with the Apache Struts and JSTL frameworks.
This highlighted a number of bugs related to internationalisation I
wouldn't have found otherwise.
- Many minor features such as range downloads on static
resources, a logfile directive for writing log messages to a
file, and many MANY performance enhancements and bugfixes. See the
TODO.txt file in the source distribution for a full list.