Help
Andy Kerr
2009-03-23
2013-05-28
  • Andy Kerr
    Andy Kerr
    2009-03-23

Great little app - extremely useful.

Have a bit of a cosmetic issue with the icon used, so thought I would re-compile the .ahk files with a new icon which appeared to work fine, indeed the app works fine apart from the Message Codes -so the Sys tray right click menu displays message codes rather than the actual message text text.

The additional parameters is the same.

Is there a way round this (sorry I am a fairly basic AHK user - written a couple of 5 line apps - but this blows my mind). So all the include files are beyond me (I understand the concept but not how it relates to compiling the .ahk files)

Thanks

Phat

• Magra
      Magra
      2009-03-24

Hi Phat,

recompiling is done by:

"%ProgramFiles%\Autohotkey\Compiler\Ahk2Exe.exe" /in %Dest%.ahk /icon "WinSize2.ico"

Remark: the "/icon" which should include the icon into the exe did not work.

But: When you only see the message numbers instead of the message strings: The message file (WinSize2_Lang_EN.Msg for the English version) cannot be accessed (handbook chapter 6.2.2).

!When you work with the sources instead of the .exe you should copy the .ahk-files to the working dir (from "Source" to the parent dir).

When you reworked the icon, could you send it to me?

Thanks Magra.

• Andy Kerr
      Andy Kerr
      2009-04-14

Hi Magra,

Sorry I haven't responded, I actually gave up on the above when I realised you could hide the icon anyway.

Thanks for the advice, I may still give it a go.

If you are interested the Icon I was going to use was the Windows 7 cursor icon - so I doubt you could release Winsize with this icon (which is a shame because it is actually a pretty nice icon and to me it prefectly embodies what Winsize does).

If I do re-compile, will send you a copy. As you probably noticed by experience with AHK is non-existent (I just compile some of the scripts I find on the forums).

Thanks again.

Phat