This has been discussed in several items, so it is time
to create new item.
Currently we just use HKCU almost everywhere for
settings, including installer. This causes we really
don't support multi-users. And at worst WinMerge
properly works only for user who runs the installer.
What we need to do is:
- create default settings to HKLM
- write user's modified settings to HKCU
- installer installs default settings to HKLM
- WinMerge stores settings to HKCU
- when WinMerge reads some setting, it first checks if
it exists in HKCU. If not found, it reads default
setting from HKLM