Try to actually start using the Winfingerprint Mailing lists (This is a
Stable: 0.5.3 Released 09/25/2002
- Fixed "Long IP problems" reported by shadowfen. szComputerM and
szComputerW, and MultibytetoWideChar() where resized to 18 characters to
17 characters. This bug crept into the 0.5.1 release through the use of
- Packaged activeds.dll and adsldpc.dll into installer (Reported by
ludovic petit and others.)
- Can now specify different port ranges for both TCP and UDP scans.
- Major Code Cleanup of Launch() function, now broken up into Stage()
- Fixed Error Handling for Transport and Session Enumeration functions.
Reported by shadowfen.
- Set Rich Edit Control to Read Only during scans. Report "Done." when
scan is completed.
- Migrated from VC++6.0 to VC++ .NET
- Added changeable timeout for TCP/UDP/ICMP scans (select) and send and
receive timeouts (setsockopt). Suggested by Justin Lindy.
- Added "Network Neighborhood" scan from the old winfingerprint 2.29
command line version except this time you can enumerate the entire
network neighborhood by leaving option blank, or specify which domain to
enumerate. (Suggested by Bret). Rewrote help.
Current - Released 10/02/2002
The current branch of winfingerprint contains fixes and feature
enhancements (for testing) since the last stable release.
This allows users to receive fixes without having to compile from
10/02/2002. Fixed bug causes by missing RegCloseKey() when enumerating
If a system was scanned two times in succession, the second scan would
fail due to the registry connection not being properly terminated.
Reported by Mike Clark.