Wine is an Open Source implementation of the Windows API on top of X and Unix. Wine provides both a development toolkit for porting Windows sources to Unix and a program loader, allowing many unmodified Windows binaries to run on x86-based Unixes. This release includes a number of enhancements and bug fixes.
WHAT'S NEW with Wine-20050111: (see ChangeLog for details)
- Many OLE bug fixes and improvements.
- A lot more work on the MSI dll.
- Update regions now handled in the Wine server.
- Beginnings of typelib generation in the IDL compiler.
- Many janitorial cleanups.
- Lots of bug fixes.