It's been years since the last release, but here is Wind 1.5.
- Support aspect ratio hints
- Support ICCCM's urgency hint
- Improve the smart window placement algorithm
- Allocate 12 desktops if no option is specified and no setting exists
- Improve fullscreen switching
- Change bug report address to email@example.com
- Print name, version, and bug report address if -v is specified
- Remove the -h option
- Enable synchronous X11 mode if -v is specified
- Fix bugs in MWM hints code
- Fix _NET_WM_STATE bugs
- Truncate long window names
- Remove _NET_WM_DESKTOP when a window is withdrawn [EWMH]
This release fixes a bug concerning lost button-release events.
Wind 1.2 is better at keeping related windows on the same desktop, and provides minor bugfixes and optimizations.
Wind 1.1 provides smart window placement, Alt-dragging, and a small number of bugfixes.
Wind 1.0 has been released.
Resizing is now flicker-free, and the annoying frame exposures when closing windows are fixed. “Dock” windows (like panels and taskbars) have most keyboard shortcuts disabled to avoid public confusion. Please note that the command-line syntax changed slightly.
Wind 0.1 is here. Please report any bugs to the bug tracker.
Please note that the URLs to the Wind homepage and git repository have changed.
The git repository is now in place, and a screenshot for the curious.
I have been working on a new window manager for some time and feel that I'm getting ready to make a first release. The new window manager, Wind (window daemon), is an attempt to fix the design mistakes of my previous window manager, Karmen.
I don't expect Karmen users to switch. Karmen will still be there, although development will not be very active. I will still monitor bug reports and apply suggested fixes.... read more