Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

How to uninstall

chill
2009-02-07
2013-04-24
  • chill
    chill
    2009-02-07

The program didn't worked for me, i mounted my first iso, ejected it, and when trying the next one it did nothing.
    I couldn't found an uninstaller, how do i completely remove it?

• Dean Weber
      Dean Weber
      2009-04-14

This program did not work for me. It locked up my computer when I tried to mount an ISO DVD image. I had to use task manager to stop all my programs since it was the only interface I could get working once Explorer was all screwed up.

I really need an uninstaller so I can remove this from my system. Please provide an installer or instructions on how to manually remove it.

• Sup
        Sup
        2009-04-30

Hi,

After reading your (disturbing) messages I decided to not just install this on my system. I used sandboxie to install and track its modifications to the system. [i]I hope this helpes al little towards removing some more/all of it.[/i]

PS. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF USING ANY INFORMATION IN ANY WAY CAUSES DAMAGES IN ANY KIND OF FORM WHAT SO EVER!

The following files where created on my system during install setup (before it crashed, probably because of use by the setup of blocked windows services by sandboxie):
        In "C:\Program Files\WinCDEmu\"
        * BazisVirtualCD.inf
        * BazisVirtualCD.pdb
        * BazisVirtualCD.sys
        * VirtDiskBus.inf
        * VirtDiskBus.pdb
        * VirtDiskBus.sys
        * vmnt.exe

Keys [i][b]and[/b][/i] values inside them that where [b]created[/b] in windows registry during my install setup. (can probably be manually deleted with only little inconvinience, such as resetting file associations, however you should always make a [b]backup[/b] before messing around in there):
        Key:          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Classes\.cue
        Value: 0
          Type:            REG_SZ
          Data:            BazisVirtualCD.Cue

Key:          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Classes\.img
          Data:            BazisVirtualCD.Img

Key:          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Classes\.iso
          Data:            BazisVirtualCD.Iso

Key:          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Classes\Applications\vmnt.exe

Key:          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Classes\Applications\vmnt.exe\shell

Key:          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Classes\Applications\vmnt.exe\shell\open

Key:          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Classes\Applications\vmnt.exe\shell\open\command
          Data:            "C:\Program Files\WinCDEmu\vmnt.exe" "%1"

Key:          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Classes\BazisVirtualCD.Cue
          Data:            CUE CD/DVD image

Key:          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Classes\BazisVirtualCD.Cue\DefaultIcon
          Data:            %SystemRoot%\System32\shell32.dll,11

Key:          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Classes\BazisVirtualCD.Cue\shell

Key:          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Classes\BazisVirtualCD.Cue\shell\open

Key:          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Classes\BazisVirtualCD.Cue\shell\open\command

Key:          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Classes\BazisVirtualCD.Img
          Data:            Binary CD/DVD image

Key:          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Classes\BazisVirtualCD.Img\DefaultIcon

Key:          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Classes\BazisVirtualCD.Img\shell

Key:          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Classes\BazisVirtualCD.Img\shell\open

Key:          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Classes\BazisVirtualCD.Img\shell\open\command

Key:          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Classes\BazisVirtualCD.Iso
          Data:            ISO CD/DVD image

Key:          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Classes\BazisVirtualCD.Iso\DefaultIcon

Key:          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Classes\BazisVirtualCD.Iso\shell

Key:          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Classes\BazisVirtualCD.Iso\shell\open

Key:          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Classes\BazisVirtualCD.Iso\shell\open\command

Key:          HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\BrowseNewProcess
          Naam:            BrowseNewProcess
          Data:            yes

Key:          HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.cue
          Naam:            Application
          Data:            vmnt.exe

Key:          HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.img

Key:          HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.iso

Key:          HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache
          Naam:            C:\Program Files\WinCDEmu\vmnt.exe
          Data:            vmnt

The following values where [b]modified[/b] in the windows registry:
        Key:          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\ole
          Naam:            EnableDCOM
          Data:            (from) Y (to) N

Key:          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\BitBucket
          Naam:            NukeOnDelete
          Type:            REG_DWORD
          Data:            (from) 0x0 (to) 0x1
        Value: 1
          Naam:            UseGlobalSettings
          Type:            REG_DWORD
          Data:            (from) 0x1 (to) 0x1

Key:          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders
          Naam:            Common Documents
          Data:            (from&to) C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documenten
        Value: 1
          Naam:            Common Desktop
          Data:            (from&to) C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Bureaublad
        Value: 2
          Naam:            Common AppData
          Data:            (from&to) C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data

Key:          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon
          Naam:            Shell
          Data:            (from) explorer.exe (to) x

• Scott N. Smith
      Scott N. Smith
      2009-04-21

My install into Vista Ultimate aborted.  I'm regretful for this; had good reviews.

• Mark Craig
      Mark Craig
      2009-05-01

There might be an even better and more well-behaved option for trying this than sandboxie:

Altiris SVS

It's now owned by Symantec (*gag*  *choke*) and has been renamed as well as relabeled, but you can still find the free-for-personal-use version.  Like sandboxie, it records all activity during installation, and then allows full and complete removal - AND re-installation - on the fly.

I'm in the process of setting up a new system, and I plan to install ALL of my non-essential software using it.

• Version 2.2 now contains automatic uninstaller.