Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Tab dialog - can't get it to work

Help
Tom Smith
2005-10-20
2013-04-15
  • Tom Smith
    Tom Smith
    2005-10-20

I've looked at the tab_dialog example, and think I understand how it works / how to add child dialogs for each tab at design time.

However, trying it myself, I can't get it to create any tabs for me - I added "dummy" controls with the child dialogs' IDs ala. the example, and a string table for the tab captions, but  everything seems to get created on one tab.

I guess what I would like is a step-by-step guide to using the tab dialog..

cheers

• Steven Weiss
      Steven Weiss
      2005-10-20

hi,
      I can understand you...I ran through the same trouble the first time I tried tab_dialog (well, I stepped through the code to get how it works... ;-) )

but I wrote a tutorial => see the faq in the win32gui docs

mfg steven

• Tom Smith
        Tom Smith
        2005-10-20

From the FAQ: "In the resource editor add a tab_ctrl to a dialog and give it an meaningful ID, suffixed by '_typeis_tab_dialog' (so that at runtime, indeed, a tab dialog will be created)"

- The tab_dialog example doesn't suffix its tab control ID with _typeis_tab_dialog (it's called ID_tabdialog1). I've tried both naming conventions, and neither seems to be working.

• John Torjo
          John Torjo
          2005-11-28

Note: the '_typeis_' suffix works only when used together with Resource Splitter.

(http://torjo.com/win32gui/doc/resource_splitter.html#rs_subclassing)

If it still doesn't work, please send some trimmed down code on the mailing list.

Best,
          John