Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Compile with only MinGW

Help
2004-10-05
2013-04-15
  • Tim Clendenen
    Tim Clendenen
    2004-10-05

I am using MinGW and eclipse for my IDE, should I be able to compile win32gui?  I have tried a couple of times but keep getting errors.  If you think I should be able to use only MinGW then I will try again and post my errors.

Thanks

• John Torjo
      John Torjo
      2004-10-05

Hi,

As far as I know, Eclipse is an IDE for java.

Anyway, you need MinGW and gcc 3.3+.
      You can get them + an IDE from :
      http://www.bloodshed.net

Best,
      John

• Tim Clendenen
      Tim Clendenen
      2004-10-06

Eclipse also has a C\C++ environment that can use cygwin or MinGW.  When I tried to build win32gui I used MinGW 3.4.2 from the command line.  I would like to know if there is anything special in DevCPP that would not be in MinGW.

• John Torjo
        John Torjo
        2004-10-06

The IDE ;)

I assume it should work. But don't build win32gui from the command line. Use build_library.exe, in the root of where you unzipped the win32gui library.

Best,
        John

• Tim Clendenen
      Tim Clendenen
      2004-10-06

I believe that's what I did.  I will try again and let you know the results.

• Tim Clendenen
      Tim Clendenen
      2004-10-06

This is what I added to the GCC additional includes:

C:/dev/MinGW/include
      C:/dev/MinGW/include/c++/3.4.2
      C:/dev/MinGW/include/c++/3.4.2/mingw32
      C:/dev/MinGW/include/c++/3.4.2/backward

Here is the last part of the output:

...failed gcc-C++-action ..\bin\boost\build_lib\libwin32gui.lib\gcc\release\runtime-link-static\threading-multi\hyper_li
      nk.obj...
      ...skipped <@boost!build_lib\libwin32gui.lib\gcc\release\runtime-link-static\threading-multi>libwin32gui-gcc-mt-s-1_31.l
      ib for lack of <@boost!build_lib\libwin32gui.lib\gcc\release\runtime-link-static\threading-multi>auto_mapping.obj...
      ...skipped <@boost!build_lib!stage!lib>libwin32gui-gcc-mt-s-1_31.lib for lack of <@boost!build_lib\libwin32gui.lib\gcc\r
      elease\runtime-link-static\threading-multi>libwin32gui-gcc-mt-s-1_31.lib...
      ...failed updating 58 targets...
      ...skipped 4 targets...
      ...updated 19 targets...
      Libraries are found in the 'win32gui-lib/win32gui/lib' folder
      Press any key to continue . . .

What else can I provide to be helpful?

• John Torjo
        John Torjo
        2004-10-06

Thanks.
        What version are you building? As a side-note, I have tested the last version (v1.4.3) against gcc 3.3.1.

Please sent me all of the output to john at torjo dot com.

Best,
        John