Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

The .chm file does not work

2009-08-20
2013-05-28
  • Todor Totev
    Todor Totev
    2009-08-20

Hi David,
    The chm file committed in 898 does not work. For every page listed in Contents I get only "Navigation to the webpage was canceled /  What you can try: / Retype the address."
    Also, there's nothing in the Index.

As I updated from SVN, the file is not blocked because it originated from Internet Zone, I checked this. I'm using Server 2008 (HTML Help control 6.0). If you need more information, ask.

• Todor Totev
      Todor Totev
      2009-08-20

Sorry, it was my mistake after all, I was looking at the file through a network share of my own computer and the over-zealous IE kicked me out :) But the Index is still empty, you may populate it in the future.

• Todor Totev
        Todor Totev
        2009-08-20

Sorry for hijaking my own thread, but I've found another problem. CWnd doesn't have DestroyWindow()  member any more.  This is not mentioned in the breaking changes.

• David
      David
      2009-08-20

Yes the Destroy function should be used anywhere the DestroyWindow function was previously used. The Destroy function destroys the window and returns the CWnd back to its default state. A CWnd could even be reused after a Destroy if required.

Technically speaking, the DestroyWindow left the CWnd object in an invalid state if used (m_hWnd would now be an invalid window handle). This is why DestroyWindow was removed from the framework.

Regards,
      David

• Todor Totev
        Todor Totev
        2009-08-21

wincore.h advises on line 1866:

// To destroy a window, an application must use the DestroyWindow function.

also, mdi.cpp uses DestroyWindow

Oversights, maybe?

• David
      David
      2009-08-21

Or perhaps out of context quoting and nit picking.

• Todor Totev
        Todor Totev
        2009-08-21

Perhaps. But then, when a function disappears without trace, you go look for clues and these are the clues.