Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Will you add new features like new MFC ?

Ben
2010-12-16
2013-05-28
  • Ben
    Ben
    2010-12-16

Hi, David,

I don't know if you have paid some attention to MFC9 or latter version. It is excellent, especially CMFC*** classes. With the wizard, you can create a great framework like VS2008. The dock panel is wonderful. I strongly hope that Win32++ will include these advanced features in the future version. Thank you very much.

• Ben
    Ben
    2010-12-16

This framework is created by new MFC wizard.
    It has the Office 2007 style. The framework is just like VS2008. The dock panels can autohide. The menu and toolbar can be customized.

• Ben
    Ben
    2010-12-16

This framework is also created by new MFC wizard.

If you want to use these advanced features, you need to install vs2008 sp1 or vs2010.

• Ben
    Ben
    2010-12-16

• Ben
    Ben
    2010-12-16

Sorry to paste wrong image address.

• Ben
    Ben
    2010-12-16

• David
    David
    2010-12-16

Hi,
    Yes I looked at MFC's approach to docking some time ago. It has some nice features, but I wasn't quite as impressed with it as you are. I found it rather buggy in its rendering after parts were resized, and the rendering during resizing was inferior to Win32++'s approach. I'm not a big fan of the multi-colored MDI tabs (I prefer the approach used by VS2008 itself), but you could override CTab::DrawTabs used by CMDITabs if you prefer this.

I do plan to add a Window menu to the MDITab sample for next version, and I might look at pinning/hiding dock containers some time in the future.

Best regards,
    David

• Ben
    Ben
    2010-12-17

pinning/hiding dock containers, sounds great, I like it.
    I am eager to see in the future version.
    Thank you.

• Ben
    Ben
    2010-12-17

I think property grid is a very useful control. Will you add this to win32++ ?