Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

To-do list for WillowTree#

2010-04-20
2013-05-08
  • XanderChaos
    XanderChaos
    2010-04-20

WillowSaveGame:
    - Change the format to be more object-oriented so that it's easier for other projects to include it.
    - Figure out what's wrong with the DLC data, still.
    - Have better control of the DLC data (write no data, Moxxi only, Knoxx + Moxxi)
    - Allow only certain aspects of the save to be rebuilt. For example, rebuild only the quest info and replace the quest info in the save.

WillowTree Locker:
    - Save it in a better, quicker format. Preferably XML.
    - Add online database support for easier gun/item sharing.

WillowTree#:
    - Make WillowTree# multi-threaded. Preferably the GUI in one thread and the WillowSaveGame/tree-building in another.
    - Move to .Net 2.0 if possible.
    - Add a resizing feature.
    - Allow multiple selections/editing for the Weapon/Item tabs.
    - Add the ability to save challenge data.
    - Convert saves between formats (should work just by rewriting everything except the challenge data).
    - Allow reordering of locations.
    - Automatic checking of a weapon's validity.
    - Sort weapons by rarity.
    - Fix the item tree's constant rebuilding.

• tourist.tam
    tourist.tam
    2010-04-21

WillowSaveGame:
    - Change the format to be more object-oriented so that it's easier for other projects to include it.

I have been working on this and I have included on my local version of the project the following:

Item.cs, ItemPool.cs, Quest.cs, QuestPool.cs, Weapon.cs, WeaponPool.cs, Skill.cs and SkillPool.cs. I have modified the WillowSaveGame.cs to take into account the new Object. I think that will answer the need for OOP for the basic of WT#.

I found the need for the GUI to change the tree list on Weapon/Item/Quest/Skill to be changed over to ListBox in order to take advantage of the new Object.

Regards,

Tam

• XanderChaos
    XanderChaos
    2010-04-25

Tam, could you get on MSN so I could get the files from you and discuss the changes?

• unRheal
    unRheal
    2010-04-29

Thanks for the todo list, I think that really helps give some direction to this!

I noticed you mentioned "move to .NET 2.0" - but it appears to be compiled for v2.0 already.. no…?  Is that just left over from before, maybe…?  Or am I missing something..?

Cheers

• greyfox82092
    greyfox82092
    2010-05-21

An awesome project, however I think it would also benefit to see the Item Cards with the coloring. I use this software to get my item cards onto the PC, and it has been a big help in this endevor. It might also benefit to have the stats for the items (COMs, Grenades, ect.)

Keep up the good work, and I will be watching. I think what you do is awesome, however the above suggestions are just that. I don't know how to use the software that this was made in, otherwise I would be more then willing to help.

• greyfox82092
    greyfox82092
    2010-05-21

BTW, the site I use to make the cards, if this would be helpful, is here.

• Lord Baddkitty
    Lord Baddkitty
    2010-07-02

- Allow multiple selections/editing for the Weapon/Item tabs.

I have a working copy allowing for bulk editing of weapon and item quality, as well as bulk item level.

btw, Has anyone contacted Duncan Fogg for possible integration? I've notices that his GearCalc database is refusing outside connections now.

• XanderChaos
    XanderChaos
    2010-07-02

Already working on it with duncanfogg. ;D

• Lord Baddkitty
    Lord Baddkitty
    2010-07-07

Unable to upload changes via SVN. Have sent an email to this effect. Have made a couple minor changes that allow bulk changing of levels and quality for both items and weapons. Looking into coding default Class-based skill and elemental 'powers' into handy-dandy menus to make adding them easier. Also looking into "delete all" option for items and weapons.

If the coding is moving away from the existing software toward another type of functionality, what is the plan, and what can I do to begin preparing myself for a re-release project?

• CKY
    CKY
    2010-07-20

lordbaddkitty

i have an unofical relese of WT with delete all options on everything im going to send xander an im today with the source in a link would you  send me the source for leveling and quality changeing for all items i will include it into what i have as well i can send you the source for what i have changed there has been over 100 code adations to what i have

PS i hate C#

• XanderChaos
    XanderChaos
    2010-07-21

Well, I'll be here for whenever you need to send it… I'll still be working on my rewrite of  WillowSaveGame.