Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Processing Wikipedia Dumps in French

2011-01-13
2013-05-30
  • Stefano Sagese
    Stefano Sagese
    2011-01-13

Hello,

I'm currently doing bachelor and I want to use WikipediaMiner for French.

1. It would be grate if someone happens to have any already summarized *.csv dumps for French (even if they are older). I can provide space where to upload them

2. Configuring extractWikipediaData.pl for French. I know from the Readme guide and other posts in this forum that I have to change the following settings. If someone could conform that the following settings are correct or could give me a hint how to find the correct ones. :)

a) my @disambig_templates = ("disambig", "disambig-cleanup", "geodis", "hndis", "numberdis") ;
    - are they the on listed here: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Disambiguationspage

b) my @disambig_categories = ("disambiguation") ;
    - it seems for me that this is the same for french

b) #my $root_category = "Fundamental" ;  # for enwiki
    - is it the one corresponding to http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat%C3%A9gorie:Accueil, meaning my $root_category = "Accueil"

Thank you,
    Stefano

• Iban HATCHONDO
    Iban HATCHONDO
    2011-01-14

Hi Stefano,

I have an extract of the French Wikipedia (2010 09 15). If you have an FTP site I should be able to upload it (with or without content.csv?).

Your settings seems pretty correct to me, even if I've peeked 'Espace encyclopédique' as root cat.

Best,
    Iban.

• Stefano Sagese
    Stefano Sagese
    2011-01-14

Thank you very much! I sent you a message with the details for the FTP account.

If anyone else needs the data I can make the FTP account public.

Regards,
    Stefano

• Stefano,

is the french dump still up? It would be great if you could let me know the ftp account.

Best,
    Gesa

• brkgrnr
    brkgrnr
    2011-09-07

Hi all,

i dont know how do i find right key word for

disambig_templates
    disambig_categories
    root_category

i wonder how find these keys exactly to dump xml file.

thanks for your help,
    B.Görener.

• Hello,

I want to use wikipedia miner for French for research purpose 

Are the French *.csv dumps still available?

Thank you

Best

G. Barbieri