I have just instantiated the first-snow feature freeze over trunk. I've
written a short news post, too.
Please keep new work in feature branches for the time being. Also, when
fixing a bug prefer the minimal-invasive over the correct but more
As there are no critical problems and the media team does not seem to
have unfinished business for build 17, I think we only have one week of
first snow feature freeze and one more for winter-time feature freeze.
This gives the translators 2 weeks to get a good chunk of the new help
stuff translated as well.
Therefore, the plan is as follows.
26th March: Winter-time feature freeze
2nd April: Tagging of the release candidate.
Of course, if problems surface, we will reconsider.
As always: Great work on the new release! We really packed a bunch of
cool new stuff in it and I am proud to be working with you all.
Cheers and to us!
Me again :),
>I have just instantiated the first-snow feature freeze over trunk.
>I've written a short news post, too.
There was one critical bug fixed in the last week. Otherwise some
playtesting has been going on and the current state seems reasonably
stable for build 17. I see not reason to delay winter-time feature
freeze and therefore instantiate it now. Speak up if you do not agree.
From now on: only critical bug fixes to trunk, nothing else. We are
going towards the release candidate which is scheduled for next week.