Welcome to WhiteStarUML!
WhiteStarUml is a fork of StarUML with an intent to revive its Delphi code base by updating code to recent Delphi editions, reducing dependence on third party components and fixing bugs and adding new features.
Download WhiteStarUML using the Download button above, this is the 32 bit version.
Alternatively, download an installer from the DailiesAndNighties. The nightly builds contain the latest developments, but may not be stable.
Before installing WhiteStarUML, consider the following:
- The type of setup
- Complete will install all features of WhiteStarUml
- Compact will install WhiteStarUML, but will not install any of the options described in the custom setup.
- Custom will allow you to select one or more of the following options:
- to associate WhiteStarUML with the *.uml etension,
- install the help files
- install sample projects
- Where to install WhiteStarUML. The default location is %ProgramFiles%\WhiteStarUml
To install WhiteStarUML
- Open WhiteStarUMLSetup-5.6.exe, perform the installation as administrator
- If a security warning is shown, then the publisher will be shown as Open Source Developer, Janusz SZPILEWSKI
- Click Install
- After the package is verified, the welcome screen is shown. Click Next
- In the Setup Type screen, select the setup type and click Next
- In the Destination Folder screen, enter the folder to install the application in. The default installation folder is C:\Program Files\WhiteStarUML on 32bit Windows. Click Next
- In the Program Folder screen, enter the name of the folder for the startup menu. Click Next
- Once installation is completed, click Finish
Different Versions of WhiteStarUML
WhiteStarUML can be run on 32bit Windows and on 64bit Windows. The 32bit version contains all functionality. The 64bit version is still in development and currently contains the XMI and ERD plugins.
- Read the Readme file
- Checkout the samples folder in the WhiteStarUML installation folder. The samples show some of the possibilities of the application.
- Create a project and have fun
To uninstall WhiteStarUML
1. Open the Control Panel
2. Click Add and Remove Programs
3. Find WhiteStarUML in the list of installed programs
4. Click on the WhiteStarUML or right click on the entry and click Uninstall