Menu

unwanted changing stereotype with the same name in different profile

Michal
2015-03-23
2015-04-07
  • Michal

Michal - 2015-03-23

Hi
    Two profiles: "UML Standard Profile" and "Data Modeling" (ERD) contains definition "table" stereotype.
    When I drag table class on ERD diagram then UMLClass is created with stereotype "table" defined in ERD profile.

But when I change name of UMLClas on diagram then "table" stereotype is exchanged for "table" stereotype from "UML Standard Profile".
    This is unwanted, because diagram rendering is based on UMLClass with StereotypeProfile = "ERD"

How to block this unwanted exchange?
    (in other ways than "change name with Properties Editor")

• Janusz Szpilewski

It looks like a bug. I will have to look closer at it. Temporarily you may consider renaming the "table" stereotype in UMLStandard.prf if you do not use it.

• Janusz Szpilewski

There must be some lottery running inside. I created a fresh build (5.6.2.1) and now it looks ok again. I will need to track how that stereotype selection is actually going.

• Janusz Szpilewski

5.6.2.1 does not fix it yet sorry..
    I start to understand the problem. Another hack to increase priority of ERD is to restore <AUTOINCLUDE>False</AUTOINCLUDE> to its original value <AUTOINCLUDE>True</AUTOINCLUDE> in erd.prf. That change is the source of the problem. I will try to find a more intelligent solution than swapping the search order...

• Janusz Szpilewski

5.6.2.2 should be more intelligent in this matter now.

• Michal

Michal - 2015-03-26

Thank you Janusz
    That is it!

• Michal

Michal - 2015-03-30

I have small request yet.
    Can you restore behavior (like in 5.5.8) with setting default tab assigned to active diagram type on Tagged Value Editor?
    Acctualy, when I have opened ERD Diagram and open Tagged Value Editor - the UML Standard tab is active instead ERD tab.

• Janusz Szpilewski

It is a bit random and related to the order the profiles were activated when the project was created. Now activation of ERD is not automatic so its priority is lowered. I think I could add some intelligence in picking a tab related to the profile if an item has its stereotype defined.
    For now in a save file (.uml) you can find lines like:

<XPD:PROFILE>UMLStandard</XPD:PROFILE>
    <XPD:PROFILE>ERD</XPD:PROFILE>

Swapping them should change profile priority and how the tabs are shown.

• Michal

Michal - 2015-03-30

Thanks, swapping work for me.

But it would be nice if it can be selected automatically, based on a stereotype and his profile.

• Janusz Szpilewski

It should be improved now in 5.6.2.3

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel