Help
St S
2009-09-23
2013-04-08
  • St S
    St S
    2009-09-23

Hello!

At first I want to thank you for this great project. It is really helpful for creating MDX queries!!  Is there still some development going on?

Now my question: I want to use REX with an virtual cube which is hosted on a jasper server. I`ve access to it via an XML/A connection and everything works great EXEPT:

The "Members" function doesn't work on a shared dimension of a cube which is used in the virtual cube. It's a bit confusing, that's why here a small example using the foodmart data:

SELECT
         NON EMPTY {

} ON COLUMNS,

NON EMPTY {

.Members
         } ON ROWS

FROM

This query on the using the "Customer" dimension works without any problems. I think it works, because the dimension "Customer" is not a shared dimension but a "normal" dimension inside the Sales-Cube. If I use the "Store" dimension, which is a shared dimension, instead:

SELECT
         NON EMPTY {

} ON COLUMNS,

NON EMPTY {

.Members
         } ON ROWS

FROM

an error appears:

**An error occured while executing query:
    faultstring = XMLA Execute unparse results error
    desc = The Mondrian XML: java.lang.NullPointerException**

Exactly this is also true for other dimensions:

Customer, Education Level, Gender, Martial Status, etc are NOT shared dimension and the query works for them.
    Store, Product, Time are shared dimension and the query doesn't work.

This not only true for highest level of hierarchy as I used it in my example:

.Members

the same is also true for member functions in other hierarchy levels:

..Members
        ..Members

and so on.

I would really appreciate it, if anyone could help me on that!!!

Cheers Stefan

• Igor
    Igor
    2009-09-23

1. Development is still going on, though not as fast as we'd like.
    2. Your issue seems like a Mondrian issue to me. Have you tried those MDXs via some other tool? Could it be a security issue?
    Since the MDX looks OK, I suggest you try it (just to be sure) with some other tool and then post this question on the Mondrian forum.

Regards,
    Igor