Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Installation help

Help
2010-12-04
2013-05-28
  • Hello,
    I have downloaded the latest release of WepCrackGUI from git repository, but I am not able to get it woking properly.
    The dependencies.txt file shows only the needed packages for Fedora, Ubuntu and Backtrack, but I am using the Slax-Remix v09 x64 distribution (from SlackWare 13.1 x64) and I get an error message when I type "./configure"
    The output is this:

bash-4.1# ./configure
    Looking for required packages
    Checking for package 'mono-nunit'.. ERROR: Package named 'mono-nunit' >= 2.4.7 not found.
    Try adjusting your PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable.

Of couse, I have just tried to install many many different "mono-monodevelop" library, but the problem persists always…
    Can I get some help?
    This could be a good way to make WepCrackGUI an universal program for generic Linux distributions, which are very different!
    Regards,

kalo86

• EDIT: I want to say that my Linux has the latest kernel version: 2.6.36.1

• criser
    criser
    2010-12-05

As I have no experience with slackware, I can not really help you there. The file that you have to look for is mono-nunit.pc. A quick search for slackware packages with this file gave me a few results. Which one is the right one, you will have to find out yourself.
    Tell me when you are successful and I will add the appropriate packages to the Dependencies file.

criser

• criser
    criser
    2010-12-07

I have just commited a patch so that the unit tests will not be build by default. That means the default build does not depend on  mono-nunit anymore. Just do ./configure and make.

criser

• Hi Criser,
    thank you very much for your replies, but I am not getting WepcrackGUI working!
    I have installed a lot of dependent libraries, but the last error message was this one:

bash-4.1# ./wepcrack
    Segmentation fault

Now I am going to try with the new package.
    Thank you for your help!
    Regards,

kalo86

• criser
    criser
    2010-12-07

Use ./wepcrack-debug to get debug output. And post the output if you need help.

• Have I to download the pre-compiled package or the source code from git?

• Ok, I downloaded the source code from git repository, I managed to compile with dependencies. In more, I installed the libraries (gtk-sharp2, Orbit2, gconf, keyring, etc etc) but I am fixed at this step:

bash-4.1# ./wepcrack -debug
    Cannot open assembly './GWepCrackGui.exe' : No such file or directory.

• NEWS!
    Of course, finally I can say Positive News!
    I found a great site with a very good and efficient Repository for Slackware both 32 and 64 bit.
    Then, if you want to do a nice action for new users, you can simply add a new line for SlackWare distribution.
    Dependencies are always required by the shell, or with a -debug function, so any user can search the right library/dependencie at this link:

http://slackware.opennix.com/?slackversion=13.1

In my case, this has been the only one working series of dependencies, in fact I can finally use WepCrackGui on my Slax-Remix x64.

Thanks again for your help!

Best regards,

kalo86

• criser
    criser
    2010-12-08

Ok, you have to do this:

./configure
    make
    cd GWepCrackGui/bin/Debug/
    ./wepcrack-debug (maybe as root)

take care that the last command does not contain spaces and only one '-'.

criser.

• criser
    criser
    2010-12-08

Congratulations!

It would be great if you could give a list of packages which have to be installed from the said repository in order to compile WCG from source. I will then add that list together with the repository link to the Dependencies file.

Also a list of packages which have to be installed to run the WCG binaries would be great.

thanks for the contribution,
    criser

• Hello! Sorry for the delay, but I had to test several times before writing all the dependencies.
    I have to say that I installed more than 10 dependent libraries, but with some deep immersion I managed to reduce that number to only two libraries, like other distros as Fedora - Ubuntu etc etc.
    For Slax-Remix 64 bit (from SlackWare64 13.1) these are the two needed dependencies:

mono 2.6.4
    gtk-sharp 2.12.10

Thank you again for your help and for your nice tool!
    Regards,

kalo86

• criser
    criser
    2010-12-22

Thank you very much for your efforts! I will add these packages to the Dependencies file for Slakware.

criser