- MiddleKit's (MK's) code generator now creates an __init__.py if you are
using the Package option.
I updated the MiddleKit QuickStart documentation:
- The example emphasizes putting your middle tier in its own Python
package, which is the only sane way to manage it IMO. We have discussed
this on the list before.
- Settings.config is now introduced including the Package and SQLLog options.
- Now that MK has stronger type checking, the use of strings for dates
(like '8/16/1954') can cause those who installed mx.DateTime to get an
exception. So the QuickStart now uses mx.DateTime.
- Fixed a "bug" in the Quick Start where the reader was not told to import
Person and Role in their program.
If you haven't checked out MiddleKit yet, consider getting the latest CVS
of Webware (https://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=4866) and giving the MK
Quick Start a try.