Where to begin? Well for starters, I just saw all the onion stuff a few
minutes ago as I was working on other things and going through
I guess to get to the point, we're sticking with "Webware [for Python]".
- The name is a good one.
- I have received compliments on the name from others, indicating they like
it as well.
- We already have some "Webware" mindshare in the Python community.
- Despite the overloading of this name by the world at large, we still do
really well in the search engines. (The other Webwares that I have checked
out all look like half-arsed jokes in their respective fields, which I
think is reflected by the fact that few outside pages reference them.)
- We have 'webware' all over the place including SF, mailing lists, etc.
What a bitch to change all that!
- I like the name.
- It's a short name: 2 syllables. "Webware"
With all those combined, I'm compelled to stick with Webware.
I do commend Tavis on his extensive and well thought out onion corollaries.
They were very impressive!!
Had "Webonion" come along before the name was set, I don't know if I would
have gone for it or not. That's one of those hypotheticals that's hard to
I hope I didn't make anyone cry or come across as too strong! ;-)