Webware 0.5.1 release candidate 3 is now available:
Please report all problems to webware-discuss@...
Include Webware ver, Py ver, web server ver, op sys ver and browser ver. If
running the app server, please specify which flavor and what adapter.
Expected release date is next week, the first week of May.
I did a diff with rc2 and came up with these changes since the last release
candidate, all in WebKit:
* Application: Status codes like "301" are now "301 Redirect"
which works better either for some browsers or servers or both
* AsyncThreadedHTTPServer: Some kind of bug fix related to the
* Various servers: Better socket error handling when the load gets
* ThreadedServer: Changed REMOTE_HOST to REMOTE_ADDR (which
enables HTTPRequest.remoteAddr() which was previously broken)
* HTTPResponse.sendRedirect() fixed a bug where "Status:" was
* Mod[Python|Snake]Adapter: Fixes that I didn't write and don't
* OneShot.cgi & WebKit.cgi: Added "/usr/bin/env" back.
* Install Guide addition:
* There is one gotcha in setting up the adapters that don't rely
on CGI. For mod_webkit, ModPython and ModSnake, the name that you give to
the adapter location in your Apache configuration file must not actually
exist in your apache document root. Also, you may not have a file or
directory in your document root with the same name as one of WebKit's
contexts. So, you can't have a directory named Examples in your document root.
* Release Notes
* Added note we forgot to mention in 0.5: "from Page import Page"
should now be "from WebKit.Page import Page". And do not put WebKit in your
Python path (Webware is OK, but usually not necessary).