From: Gary Perez <garyp@as...> - 2002-06-18 19:26:16
I've successfully installed WebKit to work w/ Apache on RedHat and SuSE
systems in the past. See
http://www.mindspring.com/~swampxiix/program/webware/install.html for more
Problem is... now it's gotta' happen for OS X. Here's what I've done, and
what I can't figure out:
1) Config'd httpd.conf to run httpd as garyp:staff, restart apache.
2) garyp:staff owns OneShot & Webkit.cgi files in
/Library/WebServer/CGI-Executables/ (default on OS X), both are 755. Both
have been changed to use "#!/usr/local/bin/python", as this change
actually hits the AppServer, whereas "#!/usr/bin/env python" does not.
3) garyp:staff owns (all recursively) /opt/Webware (the install), and /opt/
intranet (the runtime dir), and both dirs are recursively 777 for the time
being, in an attempt to circumvent any ownership/permissions issues. Both
dirs exist in path file at /usr/local/lib/python2.2/site-packages/webware.
pth (which is 644).
4) Got the AppServer running (bg) from runtime dir.
5) Hit "http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/OneShot.cgi"; or using WebKit.cgi, or that
plus "/Admin" or any other context. Hit shows in stdout on console where
AppServer was started, but *BAM* apache 500 internal server error. Log
[error] [client 127.0.0.1] malformed header from script. Bad
header=bootstrap_look_up() failed (ip: /Library/WebServer/CGI-Executables/
Running OS X 10.1.4, Apache 1.3.23, Python 2.2.1 built from source (w/
threads, 'course), and Webware 0.7.
Anyone got any idea what I'm missing/overlooking or anything at all?
Thanks in advance!