We're investigating the marriage of ZPT (via ZPTKit) and FormEncode (via a component to be written or FEComponent found on the list).
A couple initial questions:
1. Is ComponentKit designed to handle more than one component for a page/servlet? (Seems like it is, just not sure.)
2. If you add to the components list, how does the servlet know which awake/asleep/writeHTML to call? Should those methods be overridden in the class that how the two components?
3. Is there any "prior art" on merging ZPT and FormEncode?
4. Is there any "prior art" on using two components at once?
5. Are there any instructions for writing your own component?
I will admit that I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, and I don't understand how ComponentKit works. It seems (intuitively) like the right solution, but I just don't know how to make it work.
David Hancock | firstname.lastname@example.org | 410-266-4384