Apologies for the HTML format, I didn't want any of the text in the batch file below to get wrapped. If anyone has a better suggestion, please let me know.

This is for anyone who might end up searching on this issue. These instructions came from an install on a dual Xeon system running Windows Server 2003 SP1 with Apache 2.0.59. I ended up compiling my own because whenever I tried loading the binary mod_webkit.dll included with Webware, Apache would either lock up, or in another configuration simply die with a syntax error saying it couldn't find the module. Recompiling fixed that.

1. Download and install:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/visualc/download/

None of the optional stuff needs to be installed from MSVC++.

Windows Server 2003 SP1 Platform SDK Web Install:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=A55B6B43-E24F-4EA3-A93E-40C0EC4F68E5&displaylang=en#filelist

Here I did the "Typical" install.

3. Make the batch file in the Webware-0.9.x/WebKit/Adapters/mod_webkit2 directory look like this:

@echo off

rem Batch file for compiling mod_webkit with
rem the free Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition

Set PATH=C:\Progra~1\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\bin;C:\Progra~1\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE;%PATH%
Set INCLUDE=%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\include;%INCLUDE%
Set LIB=%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\lib;%LIB%

Set PATH=%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Platform SDK\Bin;%PATH%
Set INCLUDE=%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Platform SDK\Include;%INCLUDE%
Set LIB=%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Platform SDK\Lib;%LIB%

Set APACHE=%ProgramFiles%\Apache Group\Apache2

Set PATH=%Apache%\bin;%PATH%
Set INCLUDE=%Apache%\include;%INCLUDE%
Set LIB=%Apache%\lib;%LIB%

cl /MT /W3 /GX /O2 /YX /FD /LD /D "WIN32" /D "NDEBUG" /D "_WINDOWS" /D "_MBCS" /D "_USRDLL" /D "MOD_WEBKIT_EXPORTS" /I "%Apache%\include" mod_webkit.c marshal.c /link libapr.lib libaprutil.lib libhttpd.lib kernel32.lib ws2_32.lib

copy mod_webkit.dll "%Apache%\modules\mod_webkit.so"

4. Run the batch file from inside that directory. It complains of a few deprecations and an obsolete switch, but these didn't seem to have any effect on my DLL. From there you'll need to configure Apache with the appropriate LoadModule line, as well as the Location directive as described in the Webware installation documentation.

Steve