Why was this calculator created?
This calculator was created to have easy integration into web applications. There are many advanced
standards compliant unless a specific browser is being used (Internet Explorer to be exact). Not only
is it W3C and MSDN (for IE) standards compliant, but the code itself has a consistent format. All
same way. What this calculator aims to do is to work in every condition, be standards compliant, and
when the code is searched through it is very easy to read. Not only that but it is heavily commented
to explain the different functions and features from within. The calculator should work on all
Whats new in 1.2.9? (02/22/2008)
1. Made modifactions to the menu shadow giving it true opacity rather than just a gif. It is
now a png which is better quality than gif format.
1. Bug fix where calc would changeSign -43-3 to 43-3 rather than doing it to the entire equation
such as -(-43-3).
2. Bug fix so there can't be a -0 by changeSign
3. Bug fix where if the calc display is 0 then x^y won't add ^ to the display which would give
errors when calculating.
4. Added feature, Calculator is now fully compatible with the Konqueror.
1. Updated documentation and reindexed the search to reflect changes.
2. Minor revisions and spelling changes to contributors page and other pages.