Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Installation on Synology NAS

Help
Øyvind
2014-03-01
2014-06-01
  • Øyvind
    Øyvind
    2014-03-01

Greetings,

I am in the process of migrating all my passwords from LastPass to KeePass in order to control more of my own data. A part of this process involves installing Web KeePass to give me a Web based Gui when I do not have my phone or my own laptop at hand.

I am trying to install Web KeePass on my Synology NAS. The NAS uses Synology's own (Debian-derived i suspect) OS. Java and Tomcat is installed already. However, when trying to ./Install.sh the installation file - I get the following error.

/volume1/web/keepass # ./Install.sh
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: installers/InstallerMain
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: installers.InstallerMain
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
    . Program will exit.in class: installers.InstallerMain
    : not foundh: line 2:

Please keep in mind that I am not awfully competent in Linux, although I'm not completely useless. :)

I'm guessing there is a problem with the Java installation. According to the Synology OS, Java 1.6.0_45 is installed in /var/packages/JavaManager/target/Java/jre/lib

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

• Paul Jones
    Paul Jones
    2014-03-03

You have a class path problem with the installer... I think you need to edit the Install.sh script and set the class path. It would be on the "java" line of the script.. I think it points to ./install/install.jar (or something like that).. I would try making the path the absolute path to that install.jar file...

• Paul Jones
    Paul Jones
    2014-03-03

..and you must run Sun's java jdk... Not ice tea or some other java jdk/jre...

• kyrylo
    kyrylo
    2014-06-01

Hello everyone,

I just installed a debian web keepass by following this tutorial https://www.lisenet.com/2013/installing-webkeepass-on-a-debian-wheezy-server/

only when I launch the browser this is what I get:
    (An icon with a blank page and interogation points)

do you have a track on which I could direct me?

thank you in advance

Attachments
  • kyrylo
    kyrylo
    2014-06-01

sorry I was thinking to create a new topic!