There is a new cvs-build of macam available today,
it adds more supported cameras and fixes some issues.
Also, today is the 6 year anniversary of SourceForge registration!
Please check out the new website design!
This version mostly fixes crashing bugs affecting a number of ZC030x and SONiX cameras. A few other cameras have been added and a number of bugs fixed as well.
• Added support for SQ905 based cameras (0x2770:0x9120), although compressed images are not right yet
• Added rudimentary support for QuickCam VC, image gain issues need to be fixed
• Added support in the driver and application for downloading movies (without sound) [works with SQ905 cameras]
• Upgraded the Xcode project to use native targets (necessary for universal binaries)
• Universal binaries are now produced, although they probably don't work yet, testing reports would be welcome
• Added the "-lSystem" flag when linking so that hopefully code will work on 10.1 and 10.2, again reports are welcome... read more
Sourceforge is migrating from MySQL 3.23 to MySQL 4.1. The macam database of supported cameras has not yet been migrated, in fact I have no idea how to do it. If someone has a clue, please let me know and help out!
More cameras supported, other improvements. Please provide feedback about cameras working, or not.
Macam version 0.8 has been released. Among other enhancements, this release adds support for several more cameras (new support for the controller chips OV511, OV511+, SE401, SN9C2028, SPAC504A, SPCA500A, USS-720), adds movie and time-lapse recording to the macam application, and adds a preference panel. Several conflicts between the macam QuickTime component and other system services and third-party applications have been solved. Besides, there are zillions of bug fixes and performance enhancements.... read more