removing Public Access Title

2007-03-12
2013-11-29
  • big-dog1965
    big-dog1965
    2007-03-12

How do I remove the Public Access title on the months view. In other words I just want month and Category on the month view.

• adiopersocom
      adiopersocom
      2007-03-12

If you read the wiki documentation, you'd've solved this little quirk easily. [I didn't like seeing 'Public Access' below the Month, either.]

Quote:

Since this is short, I’ll just put it here.
      In the ‘translations’ directory, edit the text file for your language.
      Find ‘Public Access’.
      Change the text on the RIGHT side of the colon to whatever you want.
      Save and upload to your server.
      You may need to close and restart your browser to see the changes.

/end quote

[Corrected a bit of misspellings in that quote too for ya. ;)]

• CHG
        CHG
        2013-11-24

Well I read that WIKI documentation and thats all very nice - if you're an IT person and understand what it means.
        I don't.
        I've added webcalender 1.2.5 through Bluevoda CPanel's Fantastico - as it was the only calender available. I was instantly stuck with "my" calender and a public access calender. I have checked through everything in my calender panel following the help instructions, by allowing public access to "my" calender, allowing layers... Fact - when I log out, I don't see the events I added in "my" calender in the public access calender (well I can see the beginning but that's all)
        What I wanted from the start was an event calender EVERYBODY could access without having to log in.
        Since I have no clue where you find any of those "directories" you mention (And I checked in Bluevoda's CPanel's FileManager - yes there is a translation folder, but it has only txt files in it), I can't even rename the public access calender. Obviously there is no way to merge calenders either - as I said I only want ONE accessible for all! I know I could just hand out my name/password - but that would create tons of Admins and I would have no control what so ever.
        This is quite frustrating for me as I am no expert, but all helpsites I find for this application seem to assume everybody is - there is nowhere a step to step explanation for the illiterate (as many coming from Bluevoda are - that's why we use a drag and drop website builder!)
        So as to talk for some frustrated Bluevoda formum members - please explain where to find these directories and what to do once we have found them!!
        (and I'd like to add that you not only have typos - who cares - but bad links as well on here http://www.k5n.us/webcalendar.php?topic=FAQ#faq_9 )
        Sincerely - ever grateful for empowerment,
        CHG

• Bruce
      Bruce
      2007-03-12

adiopersocom,

That wiki entry has been up for months and no one noticed the typos till now. :( Thanks. They're fixed.

Bruce

• CHG
    CHG
    2013-11-29

Well I read that WIKI documentation and thats all very nice - if you're an IT person and understand what it means.
    I don't.
    I've added webcalender 1.2.5 through Bluevoda CPanel's Fantastico - as it was the only calender available. I was instantly stuck with "my" calender and a public access calender. I have checked through everything in my calender panel following the help instructions, by allowing public access to "my" calender, allowing layers... Fact - when I log out, I don't see the events I added in "my" calender in the public access calender (well I can see the beginning but that's all)
    What I wanted from the start was an event calender EVERYBODY could access without having to log in.
    Since I have no clue where you find any of those "directories" you mention (And I checked in Bluevoda's CPanel's FileManager - yes there is a translation folder, but it has only txt files in it), I can't even rename the public access calender. Obviously there is no way to merge calenders either - as I said I only want ONE accessible for all! I know I could just hand out my name/password - but that would create tons of Admins and I would have no control what so ever.
    This is quite frustrating for me as I am no expert, but all helpsites I find for this application seem to assume everybody is - there is nowhere a step to step explanation for the illiterate (as many coming from Bluevoda are - that's why we use a drag and drop website builder!)
    So as to talk for some frustrated Bluevoda formum members - please explain where to find these directories and what to do once we have found them!!
    (and I'd like to add that you not only have typos - who cares - but bad links as well on here http://www.k5n.us/webcalendar.php?topic=FAQ#faq_9 )
    Sincerely - ever grateful for empowerment,
    CHG