Hi Virtualmin users,
Virtualmin GPL version 3.190 is now available for download from http://www.webmin.com
and mirror sites. This is a major update, as it merges the code base with
the Pro version, and thus brings in a large number of bug fixes and small
improvements. Some of the more interesting changes are :
- Added built-in support for granting mail/FTP users access to MySQL
- Virtual domains without mail enabled can still have FTP users.
- Private IP addresses can be removed from existing virtual servers.
- Proxying and frame forwarding can be enabled and edited for a virtual
server at any time.
- Multiple aliases and mailboxes can be deleted at once.
- Added a new backup format that doesn't create files in /tmp when not needed.
- Imported virtual servers can be placed under the ownership of an existing
server, and can have their Apache SSL virtual servers included.
- Many more options for limiting virtual server owners have been added, such
as restrictions on real and alias domains, and available capabilities in owned
- Plugins can define domain owner limits, template options and new database types.
- Mailbox restores can be limited to a single user.
- Quotas and limits for a new virtual server are now by default taken from the
template, rather than being set on the server creation form.
- When restoring a backup, the home directory of any virtual servers created
is re-allocated to use the directory and rules defined on the destination system.
- Plain text passwords are stored for all new and modified mailbox/FTP users,
which allows MySQL, DAV and SVN access to be enabled for users without their
passwords needing to be reset.
- When email is enabled or disabled for an existing virtual server, MX records
are added to or removed from the DNS domain.
- Added an option when creating a virtual server with a private IP address to
enter an IP that is already active on the system.
- Optimized the bandwidth accounting code for email to only scan the maillog once
for all domains, which should speed up the bw.pl process on systems with large
You can get the new version from :
A complete list of changes is at :