Hi Virtualmin users,
Virtualmin GPL version 3.55 is now available for download from
http://www.webmin.com/virtualmin.html . New features in this
version include :
- Ported the migrate-domain.pl script from Virtualmin Pro, which
allows migration from cPanel, Plesk and Ensim at the command line.
- When migrating a domain from other control panel like Plesk, you
can now select to have to downloaded directly from a remote FTP or
SSH server. The migrate-domain.pl command-line script also allows use
of ftp:// or ssh:// URLs for backup sources.
- If the skeleton directory contains a public_html sub-directory, it is
copied to a sub-domain's web pages directory when the domain is created.
- For alias domains whose virtusers are always copied from the target, no
home directory is created (as it isn't needed).
- The path to the public_html and cgi-bin directories is now stored in
each new domain's data file, so that they are correctly preserved when
the path is changed in the template, or the domain is moved to another
system with a different directory name.
- Basic Exim support, thanks to Bill Moyers and John Gray.
- When migrating a cPanel, Plesk or Ensim backup, the original domain name
can now be worked out automatically, as long as the backup contains
- For new installs, new features in older versions are not shown on the
System Information page.
- Fixed the modification of Webalizer and Logrotate config files when a
domain's Apache logs are outside it's home directory.
- Apache logs outside a domain's home directory are now included in backups
- Ported the delete-user.pl command-line script from the Pro version.
- Added the --delete-existing flag to migrate-domain.pl, to remove any
existing virtual server with the same name before re-migrating.
- The background collectinfo.pl cron job can be run less frequently or
disabled using a new Module Config page option.
- Ported the Move Virtual Server feature from the Pro version, which allows
domains to be moved under different parents or converted from sub-servers
- Ported the Module Config option to preload Virtualmin libraries from the
Pro version, which can speed up the web-based UI. This is not enabled by
default on regular manual installs though.
As always, let me know of any bugs you find or suggestions you have..